Mar 25, 2013

artistic outlet

oil painting
oil paint and easel
I haven't done much painting since I graduated from college a few (several?) years ago.  But every once in a while, I get the urge to lug all of my supplies back out and set up a fresh white canvas on my easel.    I am a certified perfectionist.  I like everything in it's place and for everything to look just so.  Lately,  though, I've been experimenting with a more abstract style of painting, and something about it feels so freeing.  You never know exactly what you're going to end up with.

We got several inches of snow yesterday, and finishing up this painting feels like the perfect snow day activity.  Never mind the fact that it was a commissioned work for my mom's birthday, which has since passed.  But sometimes you just can't rush these things, you know?


2 comments:

  1. from what I can see, I really love the colors you've chosen for this piece! can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Spring colors have been inspiring me in everything I'm doing lately it seems!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...