Mar 20, 2013

Genevieve's jewels

repurposing vintage jewelry

My great grandmother, Genevieve Johnson, had a lavish collection of costume jewelry. Rhinestone baubles, colorful beaded necklaces, and oversized clip on earrings that she had amassed over her lifetime. After her passing, most of the jewelry was discarded, though I held on to several pieces that I loved. 

I have been able to repurpose some of the beads from broken strands into some of my favorite new pieces. Grandma Johnson was a very giving person, and she would be so proud to know that she was sharing a little piece of her jewelry box from Lincoln, Nebraska with a younger generation. 

The colorful beaded pastel gemstone necklace includes some of Grandma Johnson’s vintage beads.

4 comments:

  1. I went to school in Lincoln! What special pieces. The above are very gorgeous, the color is beautiful!

    -Mia
    www.msmiamaree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! I don't have any immediate family there anymore, but they're all still big Huskers fans :)

      Delete
  2. Grandmother's always seem to have the best jewelry and a really classic fashionable style. Love these pieces. They are all so fun and unique and full of character! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredible! All of these pieces are just stunning, and I love how you were able to repurpose them!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...