Mar 22, 2013

investment pieces

polka dot shirt with boots
turquoise and polka dots

As much as I am looking forward to warmer weather, there are a few pieces of clothing I hate putting away for several months.  These boots were the first clothing "investment" purchase I'd ever made.  For the longest time I had wanted a nice pair of leather boots, but I could never justify the purchase.  Finally, a few years ago, I picked out exactly the pair I wanted, and that summer I set aside a little out of each paycheck specifically for the boots.  By early fall, I was ready.  It was worth the wait, no buyer's remorse or guilt trip over spending the money.  Bonus, my husband was impressed by my discipline.  I spent a couple hundred dollars on shoes, and he was impressed... how often does that happen?  Actually, I figure my cost per wear since then has them down to a few pennies.  
Not too bad.

Shirt: JCrew Jeans: Anthropologie Boots: Frye Purse: Kate Spade outlet Necklace: The Bauble Dept.

p.s. I just joined Bloglovin!  It's a great way to keep up with my new posts and those of your other favorite blogs all at the same time.  You can find the new bloglovin' icon on the left sidebar or click here!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this shirt - actually had it in my J.Crew cart online last week! It looks great on you. :) Thank you for the sweet comment and the follow - I followed you, also!

    xo
    Morgan
    www.seemomogo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frye boots are the best! Totally worth the investment. I'm going to be sad to put away my boots this Summer too... but I guess we could always wear them with sundresses. :) Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for the sweet comment. I love your style too and am now following you as well.
    xo,
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...