Mar 11, 2013

making it pretty



sailboat, C&C 30, live aboard

My husband, Riley, and I recently purchased a 30’ sailboat.  We are working towards getting it ready for an extended cruise later this year.  It’s an older boat, built in 1980.  When we went to look at it the first time, my practical, knowledgeable husband checked it over for things like water damage, functioning mechanical parts, etc.  I was looking at it thinking, “how can I make this pretty??”

On a sailboat this size, less really is more.  But I still felt the need to come up with a little inspiration board for the d├ęcor.   We have started refinishing the wood in the cabin, and my mother in law is making us new interior cushions with the navy blue striped fabric.  I also love the combination of colors and patterns I found in a page from the latest West Elm catalog.

navy blue stripes, decorating

For more on our sailboat endeavors, visit us at The WaterLog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...