Apr 24, 2013

five things


1. I used to decorate cakes with fondant. I was a big fan of…well, cake, and decorating things in general. I taught myself how and really enjoyed it for awhile. Actually, I enjoyed the decorating part, the baking was just a necessary step. I have since cut back on sugar and dairy, and just don’t bake very often anymore.  Also, it was a ton of work!

2. My husband and I are planning to live on a sailboat for several months at the end of this year. 

3. I already have names picked out for four hypothetical children. We always said we were on the 5 year plan, but our 5th anniversary is coming up in August, and we’re just not quite there yet. 

4. I hate to drive.  On top of that, in the last few years my car has been involved in 3 accidents while parked in a parking lot.  Once when another car backed into it, once when a swing set fell over and pushed a cart into it, and then this past weekend when a tree fell on it.  It is always in the shop.  That's weird, right?  I've also had 2 run ins with deer.
5. It drives me crazy when I'm watching a movie or a tv show and I can't place an actor.  I have to look them up (thank you imdb) right away so that I know everything else I've ever seen them in.  Which drives my husband crazy.

I'd love to hear a random fact about you!  Please share in the comments :)

16 comments:

  1. I have a master's degree in making ramen noodles in the tiniest pot possible with the least amount of water. Really. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a useful degree to have! :)

      Delete
  2. What a nice project to live on a sailboat. I wish I could !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a project, for sure! But it should be a great experience :)

      Delete
  3. The imdb-thing sounds familiar. I don't look just look up other movies and series, but I'm a big trivia-addict too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the trivia really interesting, too!

      Delete
  4. Those cakes are gorgeous!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Decorated cakes always look so pretty! I always loved baking cupcakes and brownies. I always burn cookies, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, there's definitely a timing trick to getting the perfect cookie!

      Delete
  6. My favorite thing in the entire world is when my boyfriend grabs me and kisses me. I usually initiate all contact but when he makes the first move, ahh I feel like the happiest girl in world.

    http://exploringmystyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so weird about your car. A swingset? Random. Um... random fact about me... I have been playing the violin since I was in the fourth grade! I still play every week at church!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA - the last one, my husband does that and it drives ME crazy! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stumbled across your blog from the May challenge and I am really enjoying it! Something random about me...I hate almost all vegetable but eat them becuase I have to. ;)

    http://bridgetmarjorie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these random facts! I think it's very cool that you will be living on a sailboat! I can totally see why you hate to drive... And I am with you all the way in needing to place an actor or actress immediately. Smart phones have really helped me with this numerous times!

    Am visiting from the GFC Blog Hop and love your blog!!

    Am following you on Twitter and GFC.

    Happy Tuesday!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...