Apr 26, 2013

picking patterns

I am very picky about patterns. Okay, I’m very picky about a lot of things. As far as my closet goes, it’s solid, striped, polka dotted, and plaid. I hate paisley. I don’t even know why. 
Somehow this floral made the cut. It was actually a dress that I got from forever 21 for my honeymoon, almost 5 years ago. As with most clothing from forever 21, the fabric started disappearing over time. Suddenly it was too short, too low, and too tight. But when I find a good floral I can’t let go. Fortunately, my mother in law is a talented seamstress, and now I have a brand new skirt. 
21 forever, right?
It was really windy.
Did you ever have an article of clothing that you just couldn't part with?

Trench/Shirt: J.Crew Skirt: forever 21 Boots: Hunter Belt: Anthropologie Necklace: The Bauble Dept.




8 comments:

  1. I love your umbrella! I have a dress, actually the first one I bought myself as a teenager, that I can't get rid of. At 30, I think it's too short for me now. The embroided fabric is gorgeous, so I framed it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I'm going to have to keep that in mind.

      Delete
  2. I love that you kept it and made it into a skirt! It is a very pretty fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think so too, but I think the sentimental value it holds probably makes it that much prettier :)

      Delete
  3. That's such a great idea to turn it into a skirt! I always save things for projects and they just end up unfinished, taking up space in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm completely guilty of that as well. There's still hope! This one definitely spent a few years just taking up space.

      Delete
  4. Ah, your outfit is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is perfect. I loooove it! I have a lot tops with beautiful colors or patterns that I just don't end up wearing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...