Apr 22, 2013

polka dot crush

I think my first serious dress crush started when I saw the movie Because I Said So. The character Milly has this adorable red polka dot dress (which she hates... what?).  It was the perfect dress.  Equal parts cute and sophisticated, and even the tiniest bit sexy.  The kind of thing that you could throw on, and always look great.  I searched and searched for something similar, but there was nothing to be found.  Eventually, I came across this dress, and it was love at first sight.  It's certainly not the same as the movie dress, but it's perfect in it's own right.  There's something about polka dots.  You just can't have a bad day in a polka dot dress.

Have you ever fallen in love with a fictional character's wardrobe?

Dress, Sweater: J.Crew Shoes: Cole Haan Clutch, Belt: Anthropologie Necklace: The Bauble Dept.

10 comments:

  1. Yes! I LOVE Julia Robert's brown polka dot dress in Pretty Woman. I actually found one exactly like it, wore it alot and then recently sold it in my shop as vintage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is a good one! How fun that you found one like it. I don't know if I could have given it up!

      Delete
  2. I was always super envious of Rory and Lorelei's coats in Gilmore Girls. Oh and that yellow dress Kate Hudson wears in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Rory and Lorelei, and their closets, too! And that dress is gorgeous.

      Delete
  3. Super cute dress! Love the navy and I am dying for that mint cardigan/necklace combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This necklace is one of my absolute favorites.

      Delete
  4. So cute!! I love the navy polka dot dress with the light mint cardigan! Very very cute and classy :)
    http://exploringmystyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Navy and mint is one of my favorite color combinations lately.

      Delete
  5. This is so cute Allison. I love the navy and mint together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sayaka! I catch myself pairing them together over and over again :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...