Apr 8, 2013

the anthropologie look for less


I love decorating, but it has taken me a few years to develop a style that works for both my husband and me in our small home.  One of the spaces that I struggled with the most was the big blank wall above the sofa.  I tried several different combinations of pictures, shelves, etc., but nothing seemed quite right.  Then I fell in love with this piece from Anthropologie.  I don't mind splurging on something nice when I can justify it (especially when it comes to Anthropologie), but this piece was one that I felt like I could recreate on my own.  I started collecting mirrors from local antique shops.  The criteria were square edges, an interesting frame, and old glass.  Once I had a collection of varying sizes and colors, I traced each mirror on a piece of paper and created several trial layouts before hanging the final arrangement on the wall.  I had originally planned to connect them, but when it came down to it, I liked the idea of keeping the individual mirrors intact.  This way I can rearrange and repurpose them later on down the road.  I'm already thinking about adding some round mirrors to the mix...

8 comments:

  1. I actually like yours more! And I know what you mean about finding a style that works for both of you. My husband and I have a rule that if one person hates something, we don't buy it, even if the other person really wants to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks!! That sounds like a good rule to follow!

      Delete
  2. I love how you arranged the framed mirrors! They look great above your couch :)
    Loving your jewelry on Etsy, especially those cascading earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your shop is adorable, I love all of the florals!

      Delete
  3. Great pic of the living room! I just adore this room.....and that really great crate you have on the coffee table ;)

    It was fun seeing the process of you collecting the frames and helping to add to them. I think you were brilliant to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsa! I've been lucky to marry into a family with great taste :)

      Delete
  4. Great idea! I love your version. The mirrors fill in that space nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristin! Just followed you back :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...