May 21, 2013

favorite things


My family brings me so much joy in life.  I have been blessed with a family that I can honestly say I enjoy spending time with.  Between my immediate family, extended family, and my in laws, I can count family members as some of my very best friends.  This may already be obvious to you, considering the number of times I have mentioned my family in posts in the few short months that I have been blogging.

my family in October  2012, photographed by my very talented sister in law Chelsa Yoder
One of my favorite things about my husband Riley is how very different he is from me.  This is a good thing, most of the time.  We learn from each other and push each other to become better versions of ourselves.  Every once in a while, we even find something that we enjoy doing together, usually in the form of some kind of project.  Life with Riley has reminded me that a little bit of dirt is good for the soul.  Life with me, however, has taught him that things aren't always what they seem.

Isle of Palms, spring 2011
The women in my family have a very special place in my heart.  I had a grandmother that lived down the street who occupies some of my fondest childhood memories.  And a great grandmother whose love of jewelry is still inspiring me.  I have a mother whose creative spirit helped shape who I am today.  And a sister, without whom I wouldn't have learned the importance of a guilty conscience or the power of a shared closet.

These people, and these memories, are some of my favorite things.
    
Day 21, Tuesday: A list of links to your favorite posts in your archives

4 comments:

  1. Nice pictures and sentiments about your family. Gonna hop over and read about getting dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love where you went with this, Allison! So creative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelsea! I don't really have much in the way of archives yet, but I'm working on it, thanks to this challenge :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...