May 27, 2013

grateful

First of all, I would just like to say thank you for reading!  Thanks for putting up with me while I try to figure out what I'm doing with this blog.  And thank you so much for all of the sweet and thoughtful comments, I truly, truly appreciate them. I am really excited about the future and I hope that you will stick with me!  I have enjoyed "meeting" some of you and reading your blogs, as well.  By the way, if you ever have any questions, suggestions, or maybe even some general blogging tips, please send them my way!

I'm feeling a little bit distracted and anxious today.  I have to drop Gidget off for surgery tomorrow morning.  It's nothing life threatening, and it's honestly nothing I should be too concerned about.  In fact, it's a huge answer to prayer.  


About two years ago, we noticed that Gidget started limping.  We took her to the vet, and we were told that she has a luxating patella.  Basically, her knee won't stay in place.  It's fairly common in small dogs and it can be fixed with surgery.  However, surgery is expensive.  As much as we love our little dog, we just couldn't see how we could possibly justify fitting it into our budget at this point in time.  So as a worrier, I spent a lot of sleepless nights wondering what would happen to her if we didn't get it fixed, and what would happen to us financially if we did.  Finally (I don't know what took me so long), I decided to start praying about it.  Several months later, Riley (an electrician) was offered the opportunity to barter work with another vet that performs this kind of surgery!  I can't even begin to tell you how absolutely relieved and grateful we are!  After getting some x-rays, we found out that it's still in the earlier stages, without signs of arthritis yet.  

So anyway, that's what's been going on around here lately. I'm dropping her off tomorrow and leaving her there overnight.  And as happy and grateful as I am about it, I'm still feeling a little anxious and can't wait for this to be over with.  Also, I really hope that when I leave her, I can make it back to the privacy of my car before I start crying.  Because that's definitely going to be happening.



Day 27, Monday: A letter to your readers.

7 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! I totally understand! One of our pups, Chester, had to be left at the vet for a medical emergency once for only a few hours, and I was a wreck! Both of our dogs also have luxating patellas, though not severely enough to warrant the surgery thankfully! Will say a prayer for your little Gidget (and for you too that you will be able to be at peace) today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw good luck with the pup's surgery. It's so nice that everything was able to work out to allow for it.
    Happy Memorial Day!
    Inge
    This Ever Evolving Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arthritis is no fun, I have alot of it. Started taking Celebrex which seems to help. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that poor sweet little baby!! I hope that she is okay and I'll be praying for little Gidget. My pupster has the same name so I'm extra sensitive to your plight! For all the Gidget's in the world I hope your doggy gets the healing she needs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, poor girl! I hope she does well- just take some deep breaths and trust the vet. I completely understand how hard it is to hand your dog over for something like that. She'll be better than ever in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome how He works! Love this story and hope your little pup is doing okay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...