May 12, 2013

I miss your closet

photo by Chelsa Yoder Photography
This is my beautiful little sister, Eva, and yesterday was her 24th birthday.  She is one of my best friends.  She is behind the camera on a lot of my blog photos, and she's always a willing listener for me to bounce ideas off of.  We live about an hour apart now.  That's really not too far and we do see each other fairly often.  But an hour is just far enough to make it difficult to share clothes.  There was a time when she was dangerously close to remaining a tomboy forever.  
(I really wish I could share a picture of that with you.)  
Fortunately, she grew out of it.  

 Now, she has great taste in clothes, but the problem is, when I'm getting dressed and I know Eva has the perfect piece to finish my outfit, I can't just borrow it from her closet. I'd have to jump in my car and make the two hour round trip to go get it.  And that's just not very practical.  Thus, we wind up buying all of the same clothes.  Do you know how expensive this is getting for us? 

Eva, I wish you and your closet lived closer.
I miss it.  I mean, you.


7 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. I wish I could share clothes with my sister but our tastes are too different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison this is so sweet! My two sisters and I are the same. Unfortunately I live in Australia and they in Fiji. It's getting quite expensive for us as well. I hope you and Eva and Eva's closet are able to find a more practical solution ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thank you! I'm sorry you don't live closer to your own sisters, they are really wonderful to have, aren't they?

      Delete
  3. A sister to share clothes with sounds very good! Why not buy different clothes and swap items every other month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! We've never really tried this before... maybe we never mastered the art of sharing when we were younger :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so jealous! I've always wanted a sister to share clothes with! That's great you guys got to do that for so long :)

    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one reason why I'm glad I have to older sisters, an extended closet, FTW!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...