May 11, 2013

just the way you are... but better

When I first read today's blog challenge, "sell yourself in 10 words or less," I was a little uncomfortable with the idea.  But then I had to laugh at myself later when I realized, I have really been out of the dating game for that long?!  Because isn't that what we're all doing really?  In the beginning, at least.  Honestly, Riley didn't need all that much convincing, but I got a kick out of remembering all the ways I showed him a version of myself that I knew he'd like best.  So I stretched the rules on this one a little.
1. I love camping.
Uh, it's ok.  In theory it sounds like a lot of fun, but there's dirt, and what do you mean no showers...

2. I know exactly what I'm going to do with an art degree.
Ok so, I really didn't know.  But I still don't regret getting it, and I find myself putting it to use more and more lately.

3. Sure, I like you. I guess.
I already love you more than I really ever should.  I don't know what I'd ever do without you.

4. I really just like to go with the flow and have a good time.
But by the way, I'm a creature of habit and a little bit of a control freak.

5. I'm a confident and independent woman.
I'm also insecure, unsure, and a little scared.

6. It's cool that you want to go hang out with the guys.
Pay attention to me!

7. Wow, you're building your own house out in the country?
So, if we get married we'd have to live there?  For like, how long do you think?

8. Driving around aimlessly with the windows down and the music up is so fun.
I hate driving though, so you're going to have to do it all.  And my hair did almost look good today.... are we there yet?

9.  I like you just the way you are.
You're really going to wear that out in public? Also, I can't believe you just said that.

10. I'm fine.
I'm not fine.  I'm actually really mad.  I don't know why it is not bothering you that I am so upset.


I don't think I've really ever fooled him.  Except maybe with the camping thing.  Other than that I'm pretty sure he was on to me the whole time.  But as it turns out, Riley knows me even better than I know myself, and somehow he still loves me anyway.


12 comments:

  1. I just came across your sweet little blog through the SOML challenge! I also noticed your a fellow Virginian! Awesome! I like your spin on the 10 words or less ;) It was definitely a hard one. Thanks so much for sharing and I can't wait to read more!
    Brittney
    http://teaberrytrails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol my sister wants to build her house out in the country like that too. Which is all fine and dandy of course, but I am definitely a city girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made the prompt your own. Yes for building a house out in the country

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison I love your take on this prompt! I feel better that a few others found it challenging and uncomfortable as well, I know I did. I loved number #5 it's so true of me xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you took this and made it your own!
    I was pretty uncomfortable with this one myself but I like that these prompts are challenging :)

    Obviously found you through the SOML link up, count me as your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you stretched the challenge today! By the way, I don't think men are fooled by much. It only took my husband a couple of dates to realize that I hated going on really LONG bike rides. Even though I was adamant that I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! Your take on the challenge is interesting =) I think we've all tried to "sell" ourselves to our guys by saying/doing things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahhahaha..this post is hilarious!!!! Mostly because I have thought all of those things while saying those things at some point or another! Especially the riding with the windows down comment--sometimes I don't care, but most of the time I want to roll them up and turn on the AC because it messes my hair up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful take on the prompt! #5 and #10 are SO me!!! This challenge has been so neat as I'm finding so many awesome blogs through it! Take care :)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you interpreted this prompt! And I really enjoyed reading this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so with you on No.1 - my husband loves camping and I try so hard to love it, but I really don't! I do confess to camping around NZ and Australia and insisting on staying only in the campsites rated as 5*! Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by from Blog Every Day in May.
    @JLenniDorner

    Confession: #7- water just came out of my nose. This is what I get for drinking and reading!

    You are hilarious and honest. Love your post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...