When I first read today's blog challenge, "sell yourself in 10 words or less," I was a little uncomfortable with the idea. But then I had to laugh at myself later when I realized, I have really been out of the dating game for that long?! Because isn't that what we're all doing really? In the beginning, at least. Honestly, Riley didn't need all that much convincing, but I got a kick out of remembering all the ways I showed him a version of myself that I knew he'd like best. So I stretched the rules on this one a little.
Uh, it's ok. In theory it sounds like a lot of fun, but there's dirt, and what do you mean no showers...
2. I know exactly what I'm going to do with an art degree.
Ok so, I really didn't know. But I still don't regret getting it, and I find myself putting it to use more and more lately.
3. Sure, I like you. I guess.
I already love you more than I really ever should. I don't know what I'd ever do without you.
4. I really just like to go with the flow and have a good time.
But by the way, I'm a creature of habit and a little bit of a control freak.
5. I'm a confident and independent woman.
I'm also insecure, unsure, and a little scared.
6. It's cool that you want to go hang out with the guys.
Pay attention to me!
7. Wow, you're building your own house out in the country?
So, if we get married we'd have to live there? For like, how long do you think?
8. Driving around aimlessly with the windows down and the music up is so fun.
I hate driving though, so you're going to have to do it all. And my hair did almost look good today.... are we there yet?
9. I like you just the way you are.
You're really going to wear that out in public? Also, I can't believe you just said that.
10. I'm fine.
I'm not fine. I'm actually really mad. I don't know why it is not bothering you that I am so upset.
I don't think I've really ever fooled him. Except maybe with the camping thing. Other than that I'm pretty sure he was on to me the whole time. But as it turns out, Riley knows me even better than I know myself, and somehow he still loves me anyway.