May 6, 2013

on the weekends

this is what I do...
I usually do a lot of this.  Supervising and photographing the progress on our boat.  Sometimes I help, too.  This weekend we finally got to put her back in the water! 

I always do some of this.  Eating, not necessarily cooking.  My MIL brought over this delicious homemade chicken soup because Riley hasn't been feeling well.  How wonderful is she?!
And on a sick day, it's always good to do a little of this. Good old fashioned fun... in between Netflix marathons, of course.
And as usual, I spend a good bit of quality time with this little one.
This weekend was pretty low-key for us.  These days we typically spend most of our weekends driving the 4.5 hours to the marina where we are keeping our boat, camping out on it, and working on getting it in ship shape.  Ship shape... get it?

This weekend was going to be pretty exciting because after all of our hard work we were finally able to her put back in the water.  It's about time to start having some fun, too!  But Riley has been really sick the past few days, so as soon as we got her in the water we headed straight back home to take it easy the rest of the weekend.  He finally got some much needed rest, and I played nurse.  Selfishly, it was kind of nice having him around... I can't remember the last time we were both home together on a weekend.

What do you do on the weekends?

7 comments:

  1. I love eating! haha. I definitely could have put that for what I do. Stopping by from the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you go sailing on the weekends. Growing up in MD, being out on the water is pretty much a given.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knew how to sail. Your photos are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, that homemade chicken soup just made me really hungry (and i just had lunch). it looks delicious!

    I spend my weekend doing a ton of different things; i've been traveling a lot lately, work, concerts - have a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! Looks like a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Riley is feeling better! It bet that chicken soup helped. A beautiful boat, I bet that brings lots of wonderful weekends this summer.


    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Awesome photos xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...