Jun 7, 2013

it's almost 'where the heart is' time!

1.  Strawberry season is in full swing at our house!  Ever since Riley and I picked strawberries a few weeks ago, I can't seem to get enough.  Looking forward to sharing some of my favorite recipes next week!

2.  A conversation with my sister in law reminded me that it's almost "Where the Heart Is time."  You know how certain seasons make you want to watch certain movies?  Summer: Where the Heart Is, fall: You've Got Mail, winter: The Holiday.  I guess I don't have a spring movie.  Any suggestions?  Do you do this, too?

3.  Gidget is still on the mend from her surgery.  The poor pup is supposed to start using her leg now, but she has gotten a little too good at hopping around.  Also, her new "haircut" seems to have confirmed my suspicions that she is, indeed, a miniature Dalmatian, and not a Jack Russell after all :)

4.  We are looking forward to spending this weekend on the boat (as long as Andrea cooperates).  We have a few more projects to complete and then we are planning to move to another marina until we leave for our trip.  One that has a little bit more going on, to say the least.  Super excited about this!

5. Happy National Donut Day!  This holiday has interesting origins related to the Salvation Army and World War I.  And I can't say as I mind celebrating it one bit!


8 comments:

  1. Donut Day?? Now that's something I can get on board with! I totally know what you mean about having seasonal movies, mine for Spring/Summer is always The Long Long Trailer with Lucille Ball...an old movie that nobody has ever heard of but is one of my family favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! looking forward to reading more of your posts! :-) makeshiftmargaritas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love strawberries! I can't wait for the season to start :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love strawberry another... gosh I love when they are in season. Have fun on the boat. Looks like a blast! I saw you on the Friday link up ;)

    http://www.fitnessblondie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy your fur baby is recovering! I hate it when my pup is sick!

    YAY for strawberry season!!!

    Thanks for linking up! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, hope Gidg starts using her leg soon! We've been in full strawberry mode here too. Just love this time of year when the berries are so sweet and amazing. Look forward to your recipes! Hope you're able to get out on the boat this weekend - if only Andrea would hurry up and get out of town...

    ReplyDelete
  7. National donut day? I missed that memo. I think I *need* one asap! Lol. Glad your pup is on the mend. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I love strawberries. I basically buy some, eat them all, and then buy more the next day! Can't get enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...