Jun 21, 2013

5 ingredients for a perfect picnic


1. Good food and drinks.  Roasted vegetable and goat cheese sandwiches, a fresh take on potato salad (from this cookbook), and chocolate lemon meringue tarts.  Oh my goodness, this feast was so delicious,  you're definitely going to want to click on those links and replicate.


2.  A beautiful place setting.  Of course, you can use paper plates, plastic utensils and sit cross legged on the grass... but we're talking about the perfect picnic here.

I had never tried Elderflower anything before, but this was so absolutely delicious, I am a fan for life.
3.  Ambience.  Fresh air, trees, and a foggy mountain view set the perfect scene.


4. Good weather.  I'll even take so-so weather as long as the rain holds off long enough to eat.


5.  A good friend.  Even better, a sister-in-law, friend, neighbor combo, who makes delicious sandwiches, has all of the appropriately beautiful picnic accoutrements, and makes for excellent company.




11 comments:

  1. Awww that sounds so lovely. We have a whole picnic set that we got for our wedding that we haven't used yet. This makes me want to go on one this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what an absolutely gorgeous setup with an amazing view!! And you have SIL / friend / neighbor combo --- now that's wonderful!

    Thanks for linking up with us today..... this made me want to plan a picnic soon {if only it wasn't scorching hot here!}. Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tart looks delicious, did you make it yourself? This is the second time I've heard of yummy elderflower-drinks, I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I followed the recipe linked above... except I burned the first batch of phyllo shells, and then I had to strain the lumps out of my lemon cream... but all in all it was so worth it!

      Delete
  4. We love to go on picnics, although ours are usually much less lovely and more hectic with toddler! Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they are a little more hectic! But wonderful in their own right, I'm sure! This was one of those rare picture perfect moments that don't come along often enough in real life :)

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty place setting--and yes..mountain air and views sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the most beautiful picnic food I have ever seen... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those sandwiches look delicious! they're now on my dinner menu for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I have been dying to go on a picnic- I may just have to forget about Michael taking the initiative and just plan it myself. And I love the idea of real plates & Utensils instead of paper plates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelsea, I wish Lauren would take the initiative too but can you believe, he hates picnics??? How lucky am I to have a SIL living next door with the same Artist-for-a-Living schedule that I have and we can hop onto the parkway for lunch on a Thursday???

    And btw, I had another one of those sandwiches AND the potato salad again for supper that night. Making those sandwiches esp again verrrry soon.

    (NOTE! for the P Salad, I would scale way back on the mayo and mustard unless you like LOTS of dressing on your spuds! :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...