1. Good food and drinks. Roasted vegetable and goat cheese sandwiches, a fresh take on potato salad (from this cookbook), and chocolate lemon meringue tarts. Oh my goodness, this feast was so delicious, you're definitely going to want to click on those links and replicate.
2. A beautiful place setting. Of course, you can use paper plates, plastic utensils and sit cross legged on the grass... but we're talking about the perfect picnic here.
|I had never tried Elderflower anything before, but this was so absolutely delicious, I am a fan for life.|
3. Ambience. Fresh air, trees, and a foggy mountain view set the perfect scene.
4. Good weather. I'll even take so-so weather as long as the rain holds off long enough to eat.
5. A good friend. Even better, a sister-in-law, friend, neighbor combo, who makes delicious sandwiches, has all of the appropriately beautiful picnic accoutrements, and makes for excellent company.