Jun 26, 2013

evening on the lake


When Riley and I first started dating 6 years ago, we did a lot of outdoorsy stuff (you can read how I really felt about that here).  Riley has a tendency to pick up hobbies and master them pretty quickly.  He was really into whitewater kayaking when we started dating, then mountain biking, then sailing... you get the idea.  And he's good at all of them.  Being, uh, not quite so outdoorsy myself, it can be a little difficult to find activities to do together that we can both enjoy where the playing field is a little more level.

He once confessed to me that the main reason he bought this canoe several years ago was so that he could "take chicks out." Smooth, huh? I would just like to state for the record that I am the only chick that's ever paddled his canoe. ha! Sure foiled that plan, didn't I?

Riley's been working really hard lately, and around the clock it seems, but I was able to steal him away yesterday evening for a paddle around the lake.  It's such a relaxing way to spend a summer evening, and we don't take advantage of it often enough.   I snapped a few pictures (and Riley did too) before I put the camera away and just enjoyed my surroundings.

perfect activity for little (invalid) dog, just tall enough to see out, small enough not to fall out!

I would just like to take a moment to say how nice it is to have a husband who doesn't mind (and has come to expect) me to lug my camera around everywhere and take pictures of everything.  And even graciously takes some of his own, sometimes even of his own initiative!  Oh, and provides me with his waterproof bag in situations where I really shouldn't be bringing a camera in the first place.


How do you like to spend your summer evenings?  Do you and a significant other have a hard time finding mutual hobbies?


Follow along: BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a very relaxing place and a well spent evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canoeing is such a great, relaxing activity! Glad you got to get out and enjoy the lake.
    We have a couple float trips planned over 4th of July...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow .. Me and my ex boyfriend (now hubby) went on canoeing on our first outing. It brings so many memories looking at these photos xx mia
    www.mossyjojo.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fun and lovely! My husband and I have the shared hobby of going to estate sales and antique sales..I promise it is more fun than it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I do think that sounds like fun! I love to go antiquing, but I have yet to visit an estate sale!

      Delete
  5. AW Totally jealous! Looks like a great evening. Makes me remember all the days daddy took us to Philpott (Assuming that's where y'all went!) with the canoe and kayaks. I hated it then but I'd love to do it now if Lauren and I could ever get the time....and a boat :)
    Also, very proud of Riley for the photo taking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know where you could find a boat :)

      Delete
  6. Awww that looks like such a relaxing evening. We have a lake right by our house and I have been dying to take a boat out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like the perfect way to spend a summer evening! My bf and I like to go Kayaking along the canals that surround our little island in Long Beach when the weather heats up. It hasn't been hot enough yet this summer but hopefully once July comes we can hit the water!

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style
    GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your blog on the grab a friend blog hop and am now following you on bloglovin! I am a new blogger and you can find my blog at talesofabritishtexan.blogspot.com. Please stop by any time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...