Jun 4, 2013

field of wildflowers

Dress, Belt, Clutch: Anthropologie Necklace: The Bauble Dept.

Riley and I happened across this gorgeous field the other day, and I immediately had romantic visions of a picturesque frolic through the wildflowers...

Reality check.  There was no frolicking.  Instead, I stumbled around awkwardly in 3 inch wedges on the steep slope and uneven terrain.  It was a jungle of vicious insects and vile poison ivy, both of which left their signatures all up and down my legs.  Obviously, I put on my bravest face.  Because, when your husband is willing to pull the car over, get out, and play photographer, there's just no backing down.  

Or whining.  Absolutely no whining.

17 comments:

  1. Haha...I hear ya on that! You look effortlessly beautiful, not at all like you are getting attacked by bugs and poision ivy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, butyou look effortless! Super pretty necklace, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorites!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha. You look cute, though! And you're right, when the husband is willing to do a bloggy thing, you deal with nature's curveballs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha...so funny. And the things we do to look cute! Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats funny today I nearly got myself mowed down trying to get to a high vantage point for a shot over our city. You cant tell in your photos and they came out lovely, what we do for our art eh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I hope you got the shot you wanted after all that!

      Delete
  6. Ahaha! I'm sorry about your "frolicking" experience, but you sure do look stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you look great so it was worth it I hope! Fabulous dress, I love Anthropologie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know... my itching legs might say otherwise :)

      Delete
  8. No signs of discomfort, you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does look romantic and you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was such a beautiful field... from a distance :) Thanks!

      Delete
  10. Catching up on my blog reading from the week. This made me laugh Allison! I can totally relate. Things just seem so much more...movie-esque in our minds, don't they? Well, I think the pics came out just darling - despite all the prosaic bugs and ivy. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...