Jun 11, 2013

ginn's seafood



I am always in the mood for some good seafood.  Every time we go down to the boat we pass so many fresh seafood stands, but we hadn't taken advantage of them because we hadn't had our cooking situation set up in the boat yet.  So, I had plenty of time to scout out all of the stands and choose which one we would take advantage of at the first possible opportunity.  How did I decide?  Well, obviously I picked the most colorful stand with the most character.  Isn't that how you shop for your food?

We bought some fresh local shrimp and scallops at Ginn's Seafood stand, and then picked up a pineapple, red onion and red peppers to accompany them on kabobs.  I'm still getting used to cooking on a boat... I'm so spoiled with counter top space and a dishwasher at home, that it's just going to take me some time to adapt.  We also haven't stocked our galley with all of the necessary utensils and dishes yet, either.  Plus, who doesn't love kabobs, anyway?


We marinated the shrimp and scallops in a honey teriyaki glaze, and chopped up the pineapple, red onion and peppers into bite sized pieces.  Then I skewered everything while Riley got the grill going.  This part always takes me awhile because I get a little particular about pattern making... I know, I know, but why bother making it if you aren't going to make it look good?  We've found that using two skewers makes it a little easier to cook kabobs evenly since the pieces are a little more stabilized.

Riley grilled the kabobs on the tiny grill on the back of the boat.  This grill is going to be a lifesaver in terms of quick and easy cooking and clean up.  It also really helps open up cooking space because the galley clutters up pretty quickly.

We absolutely loved this combination of flavors together.
Riley had picked out these drinks with me in mind.  He chose them solely on the appearance of the bottle.  Does he know what a girl wants, or what?
Evening is quickly becoming my favorite time of day.  The temperature starts to cool down, and the setting sun creates the prettiest light over the water.  Riley finally stops working on his long list of projects (this is not an issue for me), and we get to just enjoy this place together for a while. We sit outside at the cockpit table that Riley built himself and enjoy our home cooked dinner and a cold drink.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, looks great! Beatuiful pictures as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look amazing. i don't eat seafood but i love grilled veggies in the summer. and our pictures are so pretty! thanks for stopping by my blog and following yours now!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmm I LOVE seafood and this just sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are looking delicious! And did the drinks taste as good as they looked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty mild and tropical tasting :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my what a wonderful relaxing and fun day. Nice.


    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to spend a day! Beautiful! The kebabs look divine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog!
    Now following!!
    looking forward to keeping up!!

    Ohh I have a giveaway going on, check it out if you like! :)

    xo
    Christina
    pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...