Shirt: J.Crew factory Skirt: Madewell Shoes: Seychelles Clutch: J.Crew
Sunglasses: Ray Ban Watch: Vintage Necklace: The Bauble Dept.
1. Buy a stretchy knit skirt. Or another shape that you feel comfortable in, something that you can dress up or down. Neutral colors and a neutral pattern make it so easy to mix and match. Black and white stripes are obviously just about as basic as you can get. But basic is what I do best.
2. Knot a button up. Just so that you look like you tried a little, but maybe not too hard. Also, a looser fit balances out a tighter skirt. Ironing optional.
3. Wear sunglasses. They hide a multitude of sins. Tired eyes, crying eyes, I woke up late and didn't put any make up on eyes.
4. Keep the accessories simple. A single watch or bracelet, and a statement necklace are all you need.
5. Pose nonchalantly in front of a neutral background that compliments... nevermind, skip this one.
These are obviously not groundbreaking fashion rules, but they are the ones that I live by. Like, everyday. Because I literally can't stop wearing this skirt. Seriously, it's so great and versatile that
others have been inspired to go out and buy the same one.
Ok, so maybe it was just my sister.
p.s. Don't forget about the 10% off promotion on pearl jewelry (like the necklace above) in my etsy shop for the month of June! Coupon code JUNEPEARLS