Jun 28, 2013

moving on


Today Riley and I are headed out bright and early because we are moving our boat from Washington, NC, to New Bern, and we are so excited about it!  Washington is where we bought our boat, and where we have spent the last several months putting our blood, sweat, and tears into fixing her up.  But, the time has come to move on.  The marina that we've been at in Washington is really more of a boatyard, which has been ok while we've just been working on the boat, but now we're ready to have some fun, and honestly, it's just sort of lacking in that department.  We did make friends with another couple while we've been there, and they're moving too, and will be sailing alongside of us this weekend.

Thanks for the memories, Washington!
This will also be our first two day sail on Windbrandt, so we're a little nervous about any kinks that might still need to be worked out.  I've never been to New Bern, but according to Riley, it's the kind of town that looks right up my alley!  Hopefully once we get there we'll still have some of the weekend (and energy) left to do a little exploring. Have you ever been there?  Do you have any recommendations of things we should see or do while we're there?


By the way, you've probably heard it a million times by now, but don't forget that Google Reader ceases to exist on July 1st!  I've started using Bloglovin' myself, and you can follow me over there if you want to!  I also have a Facebook page, Instagram, and Twitter account.  So, if you had been using Google Reader, be sure to stay in touch!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE New Bern! I used to live about a half hour from there in Havelock! It's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will absolutely LOVE New Bern! Walking downtown is so nice and the Pepsi Store (birthplace of Pepsi) is really cool too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...