Jun 20, 2013

saltwater


Do you ever have one of those days where you're just in a funk?  I came across this quote yesterday and was struck by it's profound simplicity.  Sometimes you just feel like a good cry.  Maybe there's a good reason, or maybe there's no reason at all.  It's times like this I usually subject myself to a sad movie that I know is going to make me ugly cry the whole way through (do you inflict this kind of self torture, too?).  But at least it's usually a cathartic, ugly cry.

And it's absolutely true that exercise is good for your mental health.  Or maybe a little bit of extra elbow grease on a project.  Works for me, anyway.  But sometimes even just a breath of fresh air and a little vitamin D works, too.

If all else fails, you can always quit your job, buy a boat, and sail down the coast.

Any of these, accompanied by a little heart to heart with God, will usually do the trick for me.  I could also argue that wine, chocolate, and shopping have helped me out of a funk before, too, but none of those sound nearly as healthy or productive.  So we'll just stick with what Isak says.


What do you do when you find yourself in a mood?  What shakes you out of it?

11 comments:

  1. What a great quote...and so true!
    I like your thoughts on wine and chocolate too :)
    A nice long, hot bath does the trick for me (wine included).

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me a little heart to heart with God always works! I've never tried buying a boat & sail down the coast ... But hey that might work too as long as I don't get lost :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yeah, getting lost would probably counter any positive effects :)

      Delete
  3. I had one of those days as well yesterday. Sometimes everything sucks. I find a good sleep can do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep is always good! I hope yours didn't last too long!

      Delete
  4. I have learned that a good cry is sometimes needed. You don't always realize what the cry is about but your mind needs the release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel a little ridiculous about it, but you're right, it is such a good release.

      Delete
  5. hm...going for a jog gets me out of funks. Painting. Talking with my man.

    Good post. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. painting is a great suggestion! I'll have to give that a try next time.

      Delete
  6. I love this....beautiful photo and quote. For me...it is all about getting outside and getting some fresh air. Quiet time with God is a must too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great quote. So true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...