Jun 18, 2013

this is how we do weekends in the country

We spent a rare weekend at home, experiencing a small town Friday night (check out this post, if you haven't already!)...

 
and celebrating Father's Day with my family.

Which always means some of Eva's delicious cooking.  Like, this shrimp scampi...

and this strawberry rhubarb pie.  Leave it to Eva to tempt me into eating something new by sticking it in a pie.  What is rhubarb, anyway?  It's delicious in this pie, that's what it is.

My parents pool beckons... but I have this habit of bringing cloudy skies with me whenever I visit.  One day soon...


I hope you had a wonderful weekend, as well!  Did you do anything special?

4 comments:

  1. I love strawberry rhubarb pie! Your town is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww sounds like so much fun! I love living in the DC area but I sometimes miss the small town that my parents live in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No but seriously, what is rhubarb???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...