Jun 10, 2013

the worst/best list: this weekend

the worst:
Friday was National Donut Day, and all I could think about was eating a donut. The only Krispy Kreme in town burned down last week and Dunkin Donuts sold out and closed early.
the best:
Riley brought home a dozen from the grocery store. 
On second thought, does this really belong on the "best" list?


the worst:
During the 5 hour drive to the boat, Riley, for whatever reason, was not really in the mood for my rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, as a trumpet. Creative, no? (I attribute this to the aforementioned donuts.)
the best:
We compromised by singing the entire country playlist (circa 2007) on my iPod at the top of our lungs.

the worst:
When we arrived at the boat on 10 pm Friday, the water had dropped so much that my short little legs could no longer make it across the great crevasse that separated the dock from the boat.
the best:
After many pitiful attempts on my own, Riley sacrificially stuck his foot out (literally) as a stepping stone so that I could make it across.


the worst:
I had to pee, really bad, at 2 am Saturday. The pump on the head (toilet) was broken.
the best:
Riley walked me to the bathhouse. For one, I physically couldn't get off the boat by myself, and two because, you guys, that long walk down the dock is scary at 2 am. 
And now, the pump is fixed.

the worst:
Gidget still won't use her leg that is healing, so the vet had to tape a rock to the bottom of her good leg to "encourage" her. Yes, this is a thing. Now, this wrapped-rock-foot-bandage isn't supposed to get wet. Cue tropical storm.
the best:
I don't know...either she doesn't struggle with vanity, or maybe she just has no idea she's walking around with a trash bag on her foot?

So... how was your weekend?

11 comments:

  1. Aww i wish there was a National Donut Day here in Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that any day can be donut day ;)

      Delete
  2. HA! Gidget! She is so stinkin cute!
    Do you guys live on a boat?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet! We usual stay the weekends while getting it ready for a long sailing trip this fall!

      Delete
  3. See I had thought Free Donut Day at KK meant you could choose any donut for free. Instead, they gave out mini donuts as samples while in line to buy something else. Needless to say, my "free" breakfast ended up costing me $4.50 for the tempting frozen hot chocolate and two donut combo to bring home for the guys.

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh no! Sounds like it was a pretty good marketing ploy!

      Delete
  4. I giggled out loud (while in the waiting room at the dentist) at your last "worst/best" and the picture of Gidget. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost felt bad taking a picture like that, you know, when she can't defend herself :)

      Delete
  5. Absolutely LOVED this post...laughed out loud. I love your photos here--and poor gidget. Sweet thing...haha. Proud of her for not letting the vanity bother her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine that's a scary walk! I hope Gidget will be doing better soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Riley! I hope she will start walking normally again soon. I had never heard of the rock method but it seems like a good idea.

    Nothing wrong with a few donuts once in a while. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...