Jul 12, 2013

5 things to be super excited about

five things I'm excited about this weekend

1. Staying home!  We've been traveling so much on the weekends lately, and I'm really looking forward to not having to pack anything or sit in the car for hours.


2. I tweeted last weekend that spending time in New Bern made me want to have a Nicholas Sparks marathon.  I finally made it to the library to stock up!  I realize this may be a bit of sappy romance overload, but what can I say, I'm a sucker for sap.  It also made me realize that I don't take advantage of the library nearly as much as I should.


3.  Things are really in bloom around here!  I never thought I would get so excited about a couple of vegetables, but this is the first year that we've really tried planting anything, and now we are stating to see some results.  I'm looking forward to trying out some new recipes with some of my own produce!

at the fair, 6 years ago
4.  The local fair is here through the end of the weekend and Riley and I have a date to check it out.  This fair holds special memories for us... maybe I'll share the story next week!

5. I have new materials on the way and a bunch of new ideas for the shop!  I can't wait for them to arrive so I can make some fun new summer pieces.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Follow along: BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER



9 comments:

  1. A Nicholas Sparks marathon sounds amazing! And I LOVE staying home after weekends of travel! So nice!

    Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the local fair. I'm so excited to get to go to ours this year. I haven't been in like 5 + years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to see the Notebook! I've never read any of the novels, but they're on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love our local fair, too. It is one of the first dates my husband and I went on together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I tell people I just picked up another book from the library, they say "People still go to libraries?!" Um, yes. Yes they do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm visiting from the 5 On Friday linkup!

    I love Nicholas Sparks! He always writes the best love stories. My favorite movie is still The Notebook!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my best friends is from New Bern! I always love going to visit her, going out on the river and exploring the cute little town! Hope yall had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Nicholas Sparks!! Whenever I can't decide what to read next, I know I can always grab a new Sparks novel :)

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...