Jul 8, 2013

back in the water


This weekend was the first time that "going to the boat" actually felt like a mini vacation to me.  After last weekend, driving back to the boat on Thursday for the long holiday weekend felt like a little too soon.  At first.  But being in New Bern is a whole different experience than Washington.  Maybe it also had to do with the fact that it was a holiday weekend and that we had our first overnight guest.  But for whatever reason, this weekend just felt good.

love this shot that Riley got.

We made it to the marina in time to get settled, drive in to town for groceries, grill some dinner, and catch New Bern's fireworks show.  We weren't the closest, but there was just something so cool about watching them from across the water on our own boat.  Absolutely a wonderful way to celebrate the 4th of July.


The next morning we took Eva on her first sail ever!  It was a really calm day with not a lot of wind, but it was a great way to get back in the water after last weekend's weather.  
And she loved it!


Follow along: BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER

11 comments:

  1. I love that y'all got to watch the fireworks over the water from your own boat! Sounds like a lovely trip...did yall have kabobs? :)
    Eva really looks like you in that photo. Such pretty sister! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! There is nothing better than watching fireworks on the water :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a amazing weekend :) I think it's so cute that you guys got to watch the fireworks from your boat.

    xoxo -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think next time we'll probably try to take it out a little closer :)

      Delete
  4. I love mini vacations! They make me want to use the time I have, the best I can. They can be very inspirational. I love your firework picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely true! We packed as much as we could into those few days!

      Delete
  5. Amazing photos! Watching fireworks from a boat is always 10 times better than watching them from anywhere else.
    Kallie But First, Coffee or But First, Coffee on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shots! I wish I could go on a boat, but I get sea sick...
    Glad you had a great mini vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that this weekend was better! I was thinking about you guys the whole time and I'm glad you got to bring Eva along- sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great holiday! It would be awesome to watch the fireworks from your own boat!

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...