Jul 24, 2013

Forest Glen


Last week I had the opportunity to participate in a different kind of photoshoot with Kristin from Windy Poplars.  Kristin has a budding photography business and she's offering a beautiful twist on the "boudoir" photography that is so popular right now.  Kristin's goal for these photos is to capture the delicate femininity of a woman in a naturally beautiful and sensual way.  She describes her vision on her photography Facebook page,



"these shoots are set, as the name implies, in the forest, and celebrate natural beauty. Ethereal, rustic, romantic, yet still sensual, these photographs are truly art. And just might be the answer to the ever elusive "what to get my husband for his birthday/Christmas/anniversary present" question.


The timing was perfect for me since Riley and I have an anniversary right around the corner!  Kristin has such a genuinely sweet nature, that working with her on a shoot that could have been slightly awkward was instead, as fun and as comfortable as could be!  She had great ideas and I think she captured the "ethereal" look perfectly.  I had intended to save the pictures as an anniversary present, but I was so excited about them that I just couldn't keep a secret.  Needless to say, Riley loves them!  It was  hard to choose, but these are just three of my favorites (that I didn't mind sharing on the internet...).

I was in love with this floral crown that Kristin made!  Now I'm just trying to find another excuse to wear one...


For more information on Kristin's work you can check out her website,
Windy Poplars Photography, as well as her Facebook page.
She also has a lovely blog that you might want to add to your reading list, too!

13 comments:

  1. These are absolutely stunning! I love them! She did a such a great job capturing your natural beauty =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, she really did a wonderful job all around!

      Delete
  2. How beautiful! I love the middle photo.
    These are a fun change to typical boudoir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! The one with the floral crown is my fave too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, isn't that just the sweetest crown?!

      Delete
  4. Lovely! The light and the greenery are so gorgeous! They really accent your beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you Allison! Thank you so much for all your kind words ♥!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so pretty. You look stunning. Question: what do you DO with a picture like that? For example, the last picture? That's not really something you're going to frame in your hallway, right? I hope that's not a stupid question. Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! The whole setting was dreamy, I was absolutely in love with it!

      Delete
  8. These are absolutely gorgeous, Allison. I'm so glad you shared a few with us. I've been wanting to do something similar, but haven't quite gotten the guts (or gotten rid of a few pounds). You may have inspired me to conquer my fears! Kristin did an amazing job. These are beautiful and classy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...