Jul 22, 2013

lazy summer days

I'm not the only one that enjoyed the pool...
I stumbled upon this heartwarming scene at my parent's house.  A little father, son-in-law bonding over peanuts and beer.

This weekend was our second weekend in a row that we spent at home instead of traveling to the boat. Apparently, I just don't know what to do with myself anymore.  I had a very long list of productive things that I was going to do, but somehow all I managed was some reading, some netflix watching, and some pool swimming (for all the time I've spent on the water lately, this was surprisingly my first time in the water this summer).  

On second thought, maybe I knew exactly what to do with myself.

Other than a guilty conscience over feeling a little lazy this weekend, it was pretty much perfect.  The kind of ideal weekend that we expect as kids on summer break from school.  The kind that we dream of as adults.

What does your perfect summer day look like?  What are some of your absolute favorite ways to spend your time?



Follow along: BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend indeed!
    My perfect weekend involves working in the mornings, getting outside in the afternoons and grilling out with family and friends in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound like the perfect combination!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos! I especially like the one of the butterfly :)
    I dream of spending a lazy weekend at the beach...ahh, maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the beach! It's been awhile since I've been, too. Wouldn't mind a few of those days!

      Delete
  3. Great pix! My fav summer things are going back to the MidWest and seeing my family. When "home" I like spending nights on the deck watching fireflies. I'm not much of a "heat lover" so that puts a crimp in a lot here! I do like gong the the local mountains and waterfall with the kids for a hike. It's always cooler there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A waterfall hike sounds lovely, I might have to add that to my list of things to do this summer!

      Delete
  4. Whenever I see Jordan and my dad bonding, my heart melts. That picture is amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! It really showed how relaxing summer can be. You just inspired me to take the time to be lazy and enjoy the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do! Sometimes a little bit of laziness is just what we need :)

      Delete
  6. I work weekends and this weekend, I had to open both days so I just came home and napped!! I thought I was going to be productive too but this girl gets cranky when she doesn't get enough sleep. So my weekend was... lazy!

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least you worked! I don't know if we can really call that lazy, then :)

      Delete
  7. I like how they seem to be mirroring each other in the picture :) Lovely images and what a lovely weekend (it's good to have a lazy, relaxing weekend every now and then). As we are in the middle of winter any kind of Summer day sounds perfect to me at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I liked that about the photo, too :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...