Jul 9, 2013

how I fell in love with new bern


We spent just enough time in New Bern this weekend for me to fall absolutely in love with it.  We wandered down the streets, browsed shops and admired the historic homes.  It seems like such a dog friendly place, which is great for us.  We stopped for lunch at MJ's Raw Bar and Grille and grabbed one of their outside tables.  Gidget got plenty of attention as she sat at our feet.  Friendly passersby inquired about her leg and complimented her on her quiet, good behavior.  We just looked at each other in disbelief.  I may be pretty biased when it comes to my dog, but I do know that she is not well trained.  Living in the country, she never really has to walk on a leash, and certainly never in a town or city with lots of other people and animals.  But she was on her very best behavior and to say that we were proud parents would be an understatement.

Eva snapped some quick pictures as we walked through the crowded market.

Saturday morning we stopped by the farmer's market.  The local produce was out in abundance.  We weren't planning on doing anymore cooking on the boat at this point, so we didn't buy anything, but we are definitely looking forward to taking advantage of the local produce next time.  I personally hate grocery shopping, but there's something exciting about shopping in a farmer's market where everything is local and fresh, and you are giving your money to the people that have cultivated these things with their own hands.  You know what I mean?

'Til next time, New Bern!


Follow along: BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER



9 comments:

  1. Looks like the perfect little adventure! I've been wanting to go to a farmer's market for a while now...maybe I'll be able to this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place, no wonder you feel in love with it so fast!
    Doing a giveaway today if you wanna check it out!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Bern looks like a place I'd LOVE to visit! Glada to hear that Gidget (love the name) was so well behaved. I love farmer's markets too, and your photos are SO good. Sounds like a great time.
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - New follower via GFC and bloglovin. =0)

      Delete
  4. Hey there! Here from the Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know I'm following you just about everywhere! I also Iiked your Facebook page :o) Hope you'll get a chance to check me out!

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cropped-Stories/615495055132216

    Google+
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/102758509830977850235/posts

    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/croppedstories

    Pinterest
    http://pinterest.com/croppedstories/

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Bern looks like a charming town, I love your pictures of the farmers market. I'm looking forward to next saturdays market, fruits and vegetables taste so much better than the ones you can get from the supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are gorgeous! New Bern looks amazing!

    I know what you mean about dog behavior - whenever someone compliments my dog I'm like "what?" but I'm also secretly proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The market looks awesome!! Glad New Bern lived up to expectations ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whenever we go to the farmer's market, we just want everything! Especially when they give out samples...yum!

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...