Jul 15, 2013

summer romance


This time of year holds a lot of special memories for me.  It was during these summer months, six years ago, that Riley and I fell in love.


One of our first dates was at the fair.  We weren't really a couple yet, but we were both pretty sure that's where it was headed.  It was a really rainy summer, and as we stood in line for the first ride, we looked anxiously at the dark clouds that had started brewing above.  All of a sudden, the skies opened and it started pouring down rain.  We began running for the nearest shelter, along with the throng of other fair goers.  Then, right in the midst of the hustle and bustle, in the pouring rain, Riley stopped in his tracks, grabbed my hand, and pulled me in for a kiss.


And that's the story of our first kiss.  I tried not to worry too much afterwards about the damage the pouring rain had done to the hair and makeup I had painstakingly worked on earlier.  Because I can surely appreciate when a man recognizes, and seizes, a romantic moment.

We went to the fair again this weekend.  It always sounds better in theory than it is in real life.  In reality, it's kind of dirty and stinky, crowded, and overpriced.  But then, when we ride the ferris wheel, and we're hanging there above it all, I look down at the sight below and appreciate it for the memory it holds for me.  Of that rainy summer night that was the start of something wonderful.



Follow along: BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet story and great photo of you two, Allison! The ferris wheel is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like that one, too :)

      Delete
  2. Great story, I always like to know how romances begin! That first picture as super, and I would love to take a picture from inside a ferris wheel, but I am terribly afraid of heights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So do I :) I'm not afraid of heights, but I'm not all that fond of rides generally. Except the ferris wheel... I can handle that one.

      Delete
  3. I always love hearing that story :) Your kids will just love to hear it one day and ask for you to tell it over and over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riley's always been pretty proud of himself for it, so I don't think he'd mind retelling it a few times :)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful story. AND gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of the fair too, even through the stinky, fried, greasiness of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Allison! It was so romantic just watching it all take place! I'm so glad you found the one your heart loves :) He's a good addition to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet!! I used to love the fair growing up but you're right, it is way overpriced. That's why you go with the parents right? :)

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. A kiss in the rain!? That's the DREAM!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...