Aug 16, 2013

my american pickers moment


1. These roses were definitely the highlight of my week!  There is nothing sweeter than a Tuesday evening surprise bouquet of "just because I love you" roses!  Aren't they just gorgeous?  Fresh flowers just have a way of brightening my day every time I see them.  Especially when they were such a thoughtful and unexpected gift.


2. I felt like I was in my very own version of American Pickers yesterday as I wandered around my in-laws old farmhouse.  Except of course, for the crawling around and getting dirty part.  And the fact that the treasures were already laid right out in front of me, and I didn't actually have to pay for anything...  But anyway, I am the proud new owner of this gigantic and ornate frame, and I can't wait to get a mirror for it and put it to good use! (you know, after it sits in storage for a few months while we're sailing...)


3. The weather here for the past few days has been absolutely amazing!  Just cool enough to tease me into thinking that fall might be even closer than I had dared to hope.  That, paired with the sudden arrival of so many beautiful new fall catalogs (like this one from Ruche) makes me so anxious for it's arrival!


4. Speaking of, we're headed back down to New Bern this weekend to install some exciting key pieces on the boat, a bimini (it shades the cockpit of the boat) and an autopilot!  Never in my life would I have thought that I would be excited about such things, but they are going to make our trip so much more enjoyable and I am so thankful that they were possible!


5. I came across this photo of Gidget and my mom from last summer, and it was just too cute not to share :)



Follow along: BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER


          THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

6 comments:

  1. Gidget is probably the cutest thing on the planet. And those roses are gorgeous. SO jealous of your nice weather! We've been suffering a heat index of 115 all week! Gotta love Orlando!

    Stopping by from Five On Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That frame is gorgeous, and Gidget seems to be having a very good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! Haha, yeah, she loves my parent's pool :)

      Delete
  3. Those flowers and view are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...the flowers are so sweet :) And I love the photo of Gidget :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...