Aug 6, 2013

cucumber rosemary lemonade


I really wasn't joking around when I said that we have an abundance of cucumbers in our garden right now.  Riley and I have really been enjoying the Strawberry Basil Lemonade that I first made last month, so I figured I'd try another variation, this time with cucumber.

Cucumber Rosemary Lemonade
recipe found here
makes 4 servings

3 large cucumbers
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
1 cup water
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons agave syrup

Cut a few thin slices of cucumber and set aside for garnishing.
Peel and chop the rest of the cucumber.  In a food processor, puree the cucumber and rosemary. Strain the puree with a fine-mesh strainer, pressing out all of the juice.  In a pitcher, combine cucumber juice, lemon juice, water and agave syrup and stir. Divide among 4 ice-filled glasses and garnish with cucumber slices and rosemary sprigs.

It was light and refreshing, with just enough cucumber flavor.  Although, I do have to say that when I first made it, as I was stirring in the agave nectar my first thought was that maybe it wasn't the most attractive color.  I wound up diluting mine with a little bit extra lemonade anyway, and by the time you dress up your glasses with a few garnishes, it doesn't look bad at all (that really sells it, huh?).  I probably will stick to sugar from now on, though.



Riley and I mostly drink water in the summer, but flavored lemonade had been a fun and tasty way to mix it up a little.  It would make for a nice cocktail, too.  

What's your favorite summer drink?


I'm linking up with Jessica and Ashley today!


         

12 comments:

  1. This looks SO refreshing!! We drink a lot of water during the summer too, but it's nice to change it up every once in a while! Glad you linked up with us! :) (and your pictures are incredible! come teach me your secrets!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! The drink does sound refreshing but maybe a little TOO healthy? ;-) On the other hand, I never get enough veg in my diet . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks interesting.I don't think I've ever had a drink with cucumbers in it. It looks very refreshing too!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others...looks very refreshing!
    You're right about a cocktail...mix in a little vodka or rum and it turns from an afternoon drink into an evening drink :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum yum yummmm. This looks so amazing!
    Kallie, www.butfirstcoffeeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks yummy! I'm loving coconut water and fresh pineapple juice at the moment. Nom nom!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! I will be trying this soon! Thx for stopping by my blog! New follower of your blog right here!!!

    Chels @ Red Velvet Rooster

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks delicious!! i would love to try the strawberry basil lemonade too!

    <3 your newest GFC & bloglovin follwer at http://juliaspuellaaeterna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks so yummy!! What a great recipe! Thank you!!
    Found you from the the gfc blog hop!
    Alyssa
    http://www.alyssadawsonblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so delicious, I will have to try this. Your blog is so adorable and I'm so glad I stopped by.

    Kendra @ openspaces

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look delicious and refreshing. I think they would do very good at a dinner party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, please! Just bought some rosemary at the store and have been wondering what to do with the leftovers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...