Aug 14, 2013

signs that you might be making a fool of yourself


There are these two poor souls, my husband and my sister, that I somehow roped into helping me take the photos for this blog and the Etsy shop.  How I got to be so fortunate as to have two willing and cooperative photographers, I have no idea.  I've learned quite a bit from them... most importantly, how to tell when I'm making a fool out of myself.  It's a little awkward, posing by yourself for a picture, and I'm never sure exactly what to do.  My sister Eva, quietly lets me do whatever it is I think I should be doing, but when I start to see the corners of her mouth turn up from behind the camera, I know that I am definitely on the wrong track.

Riley is a little more blunt about it.  He's always telling me I need to loosen up a little.  I look so stiff, he says.  The hands on the hips thing wasn't working for him this time around, so I thought I'd try a little jig.  His response?  He removed the camera from his face, took a serious look into my soul, and said, "no."

Dress, Belt: Anthropologie Shoes: J. Crew Necklace: The Bauble Dept.

So, what's a girl to do next?  Post the pictures anyway, is the only answer I could come up with.  Because if you're going to be posting a bunch of pictures of yourself all over the internet, you really can't be taking yourself so seriously.

p.s. take a closer look at that one in the middle; it's a thing of real beauty.  I'm not sure if my favorite part is the goofy gaping grin, the hunched shoulders, or the squat.  Are you taking notes?


Follow along: BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER

14 comments:

  1. These are the cutest pictures! All I'm taking notes on is how to look awesome :) I love that outfit, and your necklace really does complete it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I hate posing for the camera solo too!
    But you look adorable through the whole process...and I'm lovin' those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous that you have 2 willing photographers! I get an eye roll, deep sigh and one pic if I'm lucky! And you rocked that jig :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still get a few sighs and eye rolls too :) Haha, thanks!

      Delete
  4. hahaha these are awesome. My boyfriend is very un-willing but he takes my photos anyways, so for that I'm grateful. Love the skirt!
    www.thisanalogadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, love this! Girl, you are beautiful no matter how you pose :) And that necklace is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these are great! Riley doesn't know what he's talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good luck convincing him of that :)

      Delete
  7. You always have the most fabolous outfits, and you look lovely in all of these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that you commented on my blog because now I've found yours and I adore it. I'm your newest follower. It's so clean and lovely. And I think you are fabulously photogenic. Also the peal cluster necklace on your shop tab is stunning! xx

    Amanda
    www.rhymeandribbons.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that you look great.
    Crazy jig and all.
    And I would buy all and everything you are wearing. IN a heartbeat.
    Job well done, in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A few things...
    1. You are a doll
    2. We could be friends for sure. Don't be creeped out.
    3. Mostly we would just shop at Anthro and J Crew together.
    4. Following along because I need style inspiration.

    Found you through the five linkup!

    Bell @ http://farmerbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks! done! Just followed you, as well :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...