Aug 29, 2013

take it or leave it

Dress: Anthropologie Shoes: Rack Room Necklace, Bracelet: The Bauble Dept. (here and here)

As much as I love seeing the arrival of fall clothing, I'm not quite ready to give up on my summer dresses yet (especially this one, since I only just got it as an anniversary present).  I'm not even sure if I'm going to have to give them up all together anyway though, seeing as how we'll be traveling south on our sailing trip.  But then again, it will be wintertime, and it can get cool on the water.  It makes for a very confusing packing experience, you see.  I'm not really sure what to take and what to leave.  I know I said we have to cut back and let go of some of our stuff, but surely that excludes my clothing, right?  I mean, there are plenty of nooks and crannies, even on a 30 foot boat... roll up a few dresses here, and scrunch a few skirts up over there... what's the harm?  

Of course, then I'm going to need an iron... and an ironing board...

If you give a mouse a cookie, you know?

12 comments:

  1. Bring a few of your favorite summer pieces for sure :) You never know when you'll get a gorgeous day down south and wish you had that cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring a bit of everything! haha. You can wear maxi dressed in colder weather with a sweater anyways, so no harm :)
    www.thisanalogadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would put a jean jacket over that and add cute tights and make it a Fall dress. I would definitely bring that dress to the Fall. Also, the jewelry looks great with the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, i LOVE that dress! and the necklace is the perfect compliment.

    xoxo,
    lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't wear dresses of course BUT I am super ready for the arrival of fall!!

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen that dress yet! I love it I agree with Eyelah, totally convert that baby into a fall dress!
    Depending on the fabric that wrinkle release spray might work...I'm taking it with us on vacation....Where I will be packing for 2.5 weeks...some days near 100 degrees, other days in the 50s and nights below freezing. Better believe I'm taking a slew of crazy different stuff...AND the wrinkle spray. Crossing my fingers it will do the trick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bring all of them Alison! :) and just ask Riley to bring less haha .. All the very best with your packing xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Honestly, he owns way more stuff than I do, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the one with more stuff on the boat :)

      Delete
  8. I'm so not ready for Fall yet either. I wear my favourite dress with opaque tights and a cardigan to make it last longer :)
    That dress is so pretty - take it along! Your necklaces look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO cute!! I love the maxi on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one gorgeous dress! Maybe you can attach a smaller boat to your boat for extra baggage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Good thinking... we will be towing a dinghy behind us, I'll just load it up ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...