Sep 10, 2013

I'm only just getting started...

I feel like I’m at this point, right now, where my life is about to take a turn. The biggest turn. Sure, there have been moments before now that have altered the course of my life as I knew it. Like, the time my family picked up and moved from Maryland to Virginia when I was a teenager. Or the night I made the decision to live out my faith in a real and personal way. Even the choice I made about which college to attend. And certainly, the decision to accept Riley’s marriage proposal. Each one of these events had an impact on not only the direction of my life, but in my character as well. It’s been a little while now, though, since I’ve really been tested. Since I’ve been shaken up and “reset.” And that’s what I feel like this adventure that we’re about to embark on is going to do for me.

Or, to me. Depending on how you look at it. 

Outwardly, the changes will be obvious. We’ll learn to live on a boat. We’ll come back (supposedly)  and find a new place to live and start our new “normal” lives. But inwardly, no matter what happens during, or where we end up after, it’s going to change me. I have no doubt about that. Hopefully, for the better. But it’s definitely going to test me. My patience, my faith, my strength, both physically and mentally, my relationships (one in particular, comes to mind). And I can only hope and pray that I can come out on the other side of it stronger, better, and braver than I was before. 

And if not, well, we must not have gotten something right along the way and I suppose we’ll just have to do it all over again.

26 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Allison! I am so excited for your journey and I so, so envy your ambition in chasing the "shake up," the "reset." You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Usually I'm being inspired, not doing the inspiring :)

      Delete
  2. Yay, Allison! The adventure begins :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. I'm thinking you are about to go live on a boat (about to go back and read more on that) which sounds AWESOME, in a totally terrifying way. What a huge adventure! Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have some AMAZING changes and adventures up ahead! Making big life changes like that are terrifying, but I think they can be the best too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love your blog!! I am so glad I stopped by!! :) See you at SRT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be such an amazing adventure for you and Riley. And you're right about changing along the way. Life never hands us anything we can't handle. Every day is a learning experience and as long as you come out the other side having learned something, it will all be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm here for the first time. You live in a boat?? Wow, intriguing! Is it possible to get sea-sick in a boat which is docked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are getting ready to! You know, I never have myself, but I wouldn't doubt that it's possible.

      Delete
  8. Wow, this is such an exciting adventure for you. I am SO excited or you. It's definitely a (huge) change but I can only imagine how much you will have experienced and learned at the end of it. As you said, it's all about the journey and this will be one heck of one!! YAY! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for you guys. This is going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Luck!
    Beautiful photos!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Allison,
    I've just started following you from the UK. I know what you are feeling. Seven years ago we sold up everything to live on a sailboat. Guess what, we are still on board! It works for some I guess. Enjoy your life, it's not a rehearsal.
    All the very Best.
    Di
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dog looks so cute in that live jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I kind of think so myself!

      Delete
  13. I love the pictures! And you look ready to do this! :)

    It probably will be life altering, but it will be such an experience!! I can totally see how you could have fear and excitement - maybe that's the best combination!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I completely admire you for having the courage to do this. I hope that someday I have the chance to take such a chance, and the courage to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will, too! I honestly never would have thought I'd be doing something like this myself. You never know!

      Delete
  15. I can't wait to read your posts while at sea whenever you get internet reception out there that is! I bet you'll have so many pictures, stories, and memories to share for a lifetime :)

    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found your blog from Bon Look on instagram. This sounds crazy and awesome! New reader, can't wait to hear about your adventures at sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! Thanks, I'm so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  17. Hi Allison! I just came across your blog via blogtember and I found it really interesting. Good luck with this new adventure! You're so have to leave everything behind and be ready to spend a couple of months aboard a boat only with your husband. Looking forward to reading more about your journey and seeing some photos :)
    Have a lowly day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will be praying for you Allison! I am right there with you about to start a new, scary journey. Moving to the opposite coast in less than a month to live for the next 3 years. Look out San Diego! Have a wonderful journey together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! I'll be thinking about and praying for you on your new adventure, too!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...