Sep 6, 2013

the secret language of birthdays... and four other things

1. Wow, thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes! You guys really are the sweetest. I had a wonderful birthday. I somehow convinced Riley to stay up with me and have breakfast at midnight (a major feat when you consider how early he usually goes to sleep), had a lovely dinner with my family, and finally got my hands on some cupcakes. All in all, a great way to celebrate the day!

2. On the subject of birthdays, you really should check out this Secret Language of Birthdays quiz.  It's a personality profile based on your date of birth.  Supposedly it's about 90% accurate.  Personally, I'd say that's about right.  It's based on a 40 year study of over 20,000 people.  It's pretty fascinating! You can also profile relationships... if you dare. Let me know if you check it out!

3. In keeping up with the Blogtember challenge, today's prompt is to write about a time when you were very afraid.  Really, I've been blessed to not have had too many harrowing experiences. There was this one time though, during our sail to New Bern during a weather advisory... you can read about it here, if you're interested.

4. Lately my reading list has grown by leaps and bounds. Not only because I've found so many wonderful new blogs to read, but also because you guys are really good at giving book recommendations! I added Kate Morton to my favorite authors list because of this review, I'm diving into this book thanks to winning Kelsea's amazing giveaway, I just picked up Love in Paris after seeing it mentioned in a post, and I'm on the hunt for Love with a Chance of Drowning thanks to Amanda's suggestion! If anyone else has any recommendations, bring them on!

5.  Right now, our house is a packing disaster area.  And it's driving me crazy.  Mostly, I believe, due to the fact that Riley and I have two very different mindsets about the whole thing.  One of us moves from room to room throwing stuff around until it winds up in boxes, and the other one likes to mentally prepare, reflect on, and carefully pack things away, all while setting aside everything that still needs to be watched, read, worn or visually appreciated within the next three weeks.  I'll leave you to guess which is which.

So... that's what I'll be doing more of this weekend.  What are you up to?

Linking up for Five on Friday with DarciAprilChristina and Natasha

22 comments:

  1. So I looked at the Birthday thing and I would say it's about 75% accurate for me. Very interesting read.

    Glad you had a great birthday and those cupcakes look divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Happy {late} Birthday :)I'm glad you had such a wonderful time, and I agree with Aleshea - those cupcakes look so yummy. After taking the birthday/relationship test? It was a little weird how right it was...in ways that I wish it wasn't ;) So fun, though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so good!
      It's so interesting, isn't it? You're right though... it hits the nail on the head with the good stuff, and the bad stuff :)

      Delete
  3. Such an adorable picture. Those pants and cupcakes. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes looks delicious. I like your polkadots pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They feel so springy to me, I've got to get a few more wears in before fall and winter :)

      Delete
  5. Oooh, love Kate Morton's books! I'm kind of obsessed with Carlos Ruiz Zafon right now, just finished The Shadow of the Wind and am reading the kinda-sorta not-really sequel, The Angel's Game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post to read! The birthday calculator is funny--it came pretty close with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny, isn't it?! I'm glad you tried it!

      Delete
  7. Never read anything by Kate Morton, going to do some research this weekend. Just finished a book, so I'm in need of a new one. Liking those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you check her out, let me know what you think!

      Delete
  8. I recently read The Secret Keeper, by Kate Morton, which was really good.

    I checked out the birthday thing and it is spookily accurate for me. All of it. Apparently I was born on the day of research, and that makes so much sense to so many things in my life. Thank you for sharing that site- I'd never heard of it before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture is priceless! Love it. Also, I love that first picture! So creative. And delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, also, that birthday quiz has my name all over it. Fact.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're totally right about the birthday thing - that's just a little bit creepy.

    Glad you had a wonderful birthday!! The cupcakes look delicious and I'm really liking those cute pants! :)

    Hope you have a successful "packing" weekend!

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday alison. Great to hear that you had a wonderful one xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a wonderful birthday and happy belated. :)

    I may have to check out Kate Morton now. I think I have like 50 books on hold at the library ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for another Allison. :) Your blog is adorable...found it from Amanda's and I'm sticking around. Happy belated birthday. Just took the bday quiz. So interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cupcakes and your birthday outfit - both to die for! Sounds like it was a great one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. very cute pants!!!! I always enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...