Sep 18, 2013

you expect me to live in that?

There are about 2-ish weeks left before we move out of our house and move onto the boat.  Since that means my current house is a complete wreck right now, I thought it might be a good time to look back on just how far we've come on our "new house."

Buying an old boat and doing all of the work on it ourselves (ok, mostly it was Riley) was the only way that a dream like this was going to be possible.

a good cleaning and polishing, a fresh coat of bottom paint and a new boot stripe.  I picked the colors.  Putting that art degree to good use, you know.  Now she matches :)

Riley built the new doors himself and cleaned up that side over there with the broken electronics.  He's installed a few others since the picture was taken.

We sanded and refinished all of the teak interior.  ALL of it.  Riley built the beautiful new table, complete with an inlaid compass rose, and my mother in law sewed new covers for our cushions.

There was a whole lot of other stuff that went on, but it was pretty boring and didn't make for great pictures.  But, if you're interested about the details of any of the projects, we blogged about them on The WaterLog!

19 comments:

  1. Knowing that you made this boat your own and did all the work yourselves will make your trip even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blue and white nautical stripes on those pillow/cushion things. (Not sure what the right word for it is!) It's very nautical, which is of course the most fitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When we picked out the fabric, we were a little worried it might be a bold choice for such a small space, but now we love it!

      Delete
  3. So exciting! I love the cushions and the table top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you both had done a really great job! Are you nervous about your new adventure? Or more excited now? It's getting closer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Right now I think we're mostly worried about getting everything done before we leave. We're so busy, I think we keep forgetting to be nervous, or excited even. But that will come!

      Delete
  5. umm WOW the transformation is GORGEOUS!
    & moving onto a boat = y'all are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome!!! I really hope neither of you gets seasick! I would never be able to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to sail this boat onto the open seas!! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it all sounds so darned romantic! You, setting sail with Mr. Riley, your handy beau. Sigh. Please blog every last detail of your nautical adventures ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have a rather romantic ring to it. :) I'm really going to try, I'm not going to want to forget any of it later!

      Delete
  9. love the idea of living on a boat, this is something you will look back on and say, I'm glad I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! You two should be so proud. I can safely say that I'll never have an opportunity like this, enter my life. That ship has sailed, so to speak. So, I'm happy to live vicariously through your posts on your adventure. So excited (and a bit anxious) for you! -Misty @ www.momistabeginnings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Misty! It's not something I ever would have thought I'd have the opportunity to do either, that's for sure!

      Delete
  11. Wow, that sounds so exciting! I wanna live on a boat! It looks great, by the way! Good luck on your new adventures at sea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool! I just found your blog thru the boys behind the blog post but I'm definitely sticking around to see how this story unfolds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - I didn't realize you all had put so much work into the boat just getting ready. It looks beautiful and I love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...