Gidget and I have been bunkered down in the cabin of the boat, huddled together in our fleece blanket while Riley does things like run to Lowes for the umpteenth time. So, I thought it might be the perfect time to finally address these Sunshine Awards that I've been nominated for! I'm honored to have been nominated and I really can't thank all of you enough for reading, leaving sweet and thoughtful comments, and just generally sharing in our excitement (and struggles) for the journey ahead!
Thank you Kate and Lauren for the nomination! Also, thank you Amber and Codi for nominations for the Liebster Award as well!
Here are my answers to Kate and Lauren's questions:
(I cheated and combined them so that I only had to answer the easy ones.)
1. Did you keep your original middle name when you married, or did you take your maiden name as your middle?
I kept my middle name and nixed my last name. It’s not that I didn’t like it, I actually liked it a lot, but it was entirely too long and too Polish to be used as a middle name. It’s also too long and too Polish to be used in a future kid's name, which I think is a really neat idea. For other people.
2. How do you feel about going to the movies? Love it or leave it?
Every once in a while a movie comes out that I feel just needs to be seen in a theater. But otherwise, I would much rather have a date night at home with Netflix. I spent entirely too much of my teenage life in a movie theater.
3. What’s your sign? (Of the zodiac variety.)
4. N*Sync or BSB? You may also choose 98 Degrees, because they were my favorite and I had their Christmas album.
Backstreet Boys. For some reason I always had it in my head that they were “first” and that N*Sync was the copy cat group. That’s not to say that I didn’t know all of their songs as well, though. 98º was okay too (and I also had their Christmas album, haha).
5. What is your favorite thing that you ever got for Christmas?
My favorite Christmas gift memory was the year that I got a water baby and this high chair/ swing combo thing. It wasn’t so much about the actual toys (although I did love that water baby) as the fact that when I opened them, they were cold to the touch. I thought it was so cool that Santa had just been there so recently. I really must have just missed him.
6. Righty or lefty? Any exceptions to the rule?
7. Socks or no socks?
8. Did you ever have braces?
No, but there were a few years that I wanted them pretty badly because I used to have a much bigger gap between my front two teeth. Fortunately for my parents, my teeth were really straight, and fortunately for me, the gap pretty much closed on it's own anyway.
9. Can you go a day without washing your hair?
Yes, finally! There won't be any such things as hot, regular showers or hair dryers on this boat, so me and my hair are learning to adapt.
10. Do you enjoy reading? If so, do you prefer electronic or hard copy?
I love to read, and I have just now finally started to get back into reading for fun. I don't think anything will ever compare to turning actual pages in a book, but my parents gave me a Kindle for my birthday, and I love using it. It's the perfect size to keep on a small boat, and I love that I have access to so many books without bringing them aboard or trying to find a library. If any of you have a Goodreads account, let me know, I just signed up!
11. Favorite movie?
This changes frequently. Right now it's You've Got Mail. We watched it again recently and I kept saying things to Riley like, "isn't this just the best soundtrack? Isn't her apartment just the cutest? Isn't this just the best movie?" He wasn't quite as enthusiastic.
Here are my nominees:
Michelle @ the heart of home
Laura @ the life we've imagined
Allie @ everyday adventures
Jess @ this analog adventure
Julie @ an anchor for the soul
Samantha @ life style love
And my questions for you:
1. Do you have a hidden talent?
2. What movie have you seen more times than you can count?
3. What cliche or saying best describes your life? (ex: Third time's a charm, all dressed up and nowhere to go... find more here.)
4. What is your favorite animal to see at the zoo?5. Spring or Fall?
6. Who is you favorite fictional heroine?
7. What is the first thing you notice about people?
8. What is your favorite sound?
9. Were you named after anyone?
10. What has been your greatest accomplishment so far?
11. What was the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
I have the hardest time narrowing down who to nominate when it come to these things, so I'd love to hear anyone else's answers to the questions in the comments!