Oct 31, 2013

a tale of this little boat



Yes, I will indeed take advantage of every opportunity to be corny.  I may not have a lot of room on the boat for clothing, but I certainly made sure there was enough room for Halloween costumes.  I've been sitting on this idea since last year, and I wasn't about to let this opportunity pass me by.  Now, I'm not really one to dress my dog, but I stumbled upon this shark costume by chance at TJ Maxx right before we left the marina and well, I had to.  She loves it, by the way, because whenever we put anything on her (like her life jacket), it means she's going outside.  Haha, she has no idea.  It's hilarious.  I'm not exactly sure where we'll be, or what we'll be doing tonight, so I made everyone dress up yesterday evening so that I could have my moment.  Yeah, I know.  I also have already eaten all of our candy, so we're really not celebrating properly today whatsoever.  But anyway, Riley had started writing this little song to the tune of "The Ballad of Gilligan's Island," and I recorded him singing it (in costume, of course).  I don't have enough wifi to upload it, but I'll add it later if I get the chance.  For now, here are the lyrics to "The Ballad of Winbrandt."  Happy Halloween!

The Ballad of Winbrandt

Just sit right back and I'll tell you a tale, a tale of this little boat
that started on the Pamlico Sound that hardly would float,
that hardly would float.

Well, we picked her up and put her on the hard
and worked on her 'til she was new
then we splashed back in, raised our sails and headed for the Neuse,
and headed for the Neuse.

Summer's gone and Fall has come
it's time we've moved on now
we packed our bags, threw off the lines, and started heading south,
and started heading south.

We've been goin' down the waterway, until we hit Cape Fear
then we sailed out in the ocean too, and now you find us here,
and now you find us here.

To be continued...

20 comments:

  1. SO CUTE. You guys are the most adorable couple ever! Love that you made room on the boat for costumes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and so hilarious! It seems like you are having a blast on your sail boat adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you couldn't have picked anything more perfect!!!!!!! LOVE THIS! made me smile seeing those pics!
    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great costumes! This is sooooo cute, I love shark, the last picture is adorable, lol!

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the costumes!! His jingle is too funny!! The shark costume is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gidget is the cutest shark I've ever seen! Not that I've seen lots those :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think I'd have to agree with you! Although, that's probably not saying much to her credit since I don't really think they're all that cute in general. ;)

      Delete
  7. Haha I think it's awesome you still got dressed up :) Gidget the shark looks adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! I LOVE that you did this! It's such a cute couple idea too! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So perfect. Really. That's all there is to it. Perfection. Love love love!

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, I was pretty pleased with myself about it, to be honest. ;)

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness! This just MADE my Halloween. You're awesome! And you got the whole crew on board...ha ha ha, get it?! You can never go wrong with corny with this reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG this is adorable! You are the cutest. Please upload the video, because I will totally watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the best!! Love the costumes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best costume idea ever! Most creative song award goes to Riley, that was great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG...What perfect costumes! I love that Riley is so great at letting you take his photo and join in on the fun. I could never get Jesse to do this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...