Oct 21, 2013

setting sail... the adventure begins now!


Yesterday was the big day; we finally set sail!

We started off the morning by visiting a service at the First Baptist Church in New Bern. It's a gorgeous old building right in the heart of the historic downtown. The service was beautiful and we left with hearts feeling so full and grateful. We had a small send off party, my mom and sister, who graciously made the 5+ hour trip to say goodbye and drive our car back for us as well. After so many gray and dreary days, the weather was absolutely perfect. We had gotten a later start than we intended, so we only sailed for a few hours before finding a safe place to anchor for the night. All in all, the first day was everything we could have possibly hoped for, and it's hard to put into words exactly how strange and exciting this whole experience feels.

our home for the night


I want you to know that I have so appreciated all of your supportive and encouraging words. It means so much to me that so many of you are sharing in our excitement. I'm going to try to be better about updates on twitter and instagram, so you're more than welcome to follow along on there as well! We're only just getting started now… I can't wait to see what happens next!

Linking up with Mary Beth and Sami!
 

28 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Huzzah! I can't wait to read more and more as your sailing adventure set off fully now! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to follow you on Instagram and I look forward to all the great shots you get on your adventure. Bon Voyage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO! So excited for you and Riley! What an amazing opportunity :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Looking forward to the coming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful! I'm sure this will be a great adventure! And what a beautiful sunset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! So far it's looking promising! :)

      Delete
  6. You guys are the coolest :) Congrats on starting your adventure!
    Whimsy Darling

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exciting! So the adventure has finally begun! Enjoy every moment of it, looking forward to reading more about your journey :)
    Oh, and the foto of the sunset is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! So excited to follow your journey!!! Random question, how do you have internet??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!! How exciting. I'm sure it seems so exciting and unreal all at the same time. What an amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exciting!!! When people ask, "What did you do last weekend?" You can be all, "Oh just set sail to live at sea for a few months. No big." I'm in awe of the adventure!

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Here's hoping that there's someone besides RIley around to ask about it. I keep waiting for him to get tired of me saying "We left! We really left!"

      Delete
  11. Congrats on setting sail! That sunset is beautiful! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Such an amazing adventure and can't wait to follow along. Safe sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Congratulations again! Very sailor inspired shirt I must say! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, I knew there was a reason that I was "collecting" striped shirts. :) I'm glad to be putting them to good use now!

      Delete
  14. Yay for setting sail girl! I'm sure the journey will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to see what happens next either!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I followed your instagram :) I have a friend who lives on a sailboat in S.C., so I love reading your posts to see a little of what it's like!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So exciting! Here's to an amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow exciting. Bon Voyage :) and hope to hear more from you on the adeventure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Luck with your trip!! Sounds very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that's so exciting! :) Good luck on this adventure, I can't wait to see what you guys will get up to!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I found your blog through a link-up and have been reading all about the start of your new adventure! How exciting! I can't wait to follow along now. Can I be the annoying blogger though and ask what type of camera do you use? I love all of your photography! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...