Nov 11, 2013

beaufort, south carolina



Over the weekend we stopped in Beaufort (that is Bue-fort, South Carolina, not to be confused with Bo-fort, North Carolina. Personally, I can never keep them straight). In each new town we visit, I've taken to asking Riley if he would ever consider living there. He's only lived in one place his entire life, so I'm always curious to see if any new place measures up to his standards. Beaufort is the first place where he said he would even consider living. Hypothetically, of course. Our immediate plan after this trip is to return to the same general area that we came from.

We were able to anchor about a mile from the shore, and take our dinghy to the dock right in the heart of the downtown. Beaufort has done a wonderful job with their waterfront, nice wide brick walkways, plenty of grass for dog walking and several restaurants with outdoor seating that are dog friendly. The morning before we left, we grabbed coffee and muffins from a coffee shop on the waterfront, and sat in one of the swings, enjoying our treats and smiling back at all of the people (and dogs) that stopped to say hello to Gidget.


We were even able to walk to the library and use their wifi to download a couple of books. It's funny how this trip has made us look at each destination with new eyes. I mean, who gets excited about being able to walk to a library in a new town? Beaufort gets the sailboat-convenient seal of approval.

Next up, Savannah! Again, if anyone has any suggestions of things to do or see, I'd love to hear them!

p.s. We've had quite a morning already!  Read Riley's account of it here!

11 comments:

  1. This place looks pretty! I'm glad you guys had a good time :) I can't wait to hear about Savannah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how beautiful, I think I'd consider living there too!

    I've been to Savannah but only once, make sure you check out the Riverfront!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo, you pronounced it right! I'm a native South Carolininan and know lots of folks from that area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this place looks so gorgeous! I'm glad you both are SAFE and having so much fun. It's amazing to get to follow along on your adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a pretty place. :) Thanks for sharing in this with us, I'm so glad you're enjoying following along! It makes it all the more fun to be able to share it with others. :)

      Delete
  5. Looks so gorgeous! Love the adventure you are having...sounds AMAZING!

    xo & now following
    mariahlauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Thank you so much for following along! :) It's been a pretty great experience so far, but I think it's only going to keep getting better!

      Delete
  6. I love that area! These photos are beautiful! Glad you guys are enjoying your trip :) I think Beaufort would be a nice place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous!!!! I'm loving "travelling" with you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I could definitely live in Beaufort. It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...