Nov 21, 2013

driftwood beach and a detour to the er


Yesterday we decided to mix it up a little bit and take a nice long, in depth tour of the Emergency Room so that Riley could get his hand stitched up (read the story here).  Both he and the boat are a little worse for the wear, but all in all, everything is ok.  We spent a good part of the day there, so we're a little behind on our exploring now!  But... I do have a ton of pictures to share from the other day when we rode our bikes past the Horton House ruins and all the way to Driftwood Beach.

it's hard to make great time on a bike when there is so much to stop and take pictures of.
horton house ruins
driftwood beach

can you spot the funny little bicycle riding man?

Driftwood Beach is the coolest little spot.  It's off season, so the whole island feels a little deserted anyway, but this spot, kind of out of the way, with it's graveyard of trees, has such an eerie beauty to it.  The weather has been kind of gloomy too, but that only added to it's mystique. And fortunately, we made it back to the boat before it started pouring down rain.  We'll see how well Riley can ride a bike one handed (still better than me with two, I'm sure), because we still have a lot left to see today!

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Seeing the moss in the trees makes me feel like I need a vacation! Don't tell my husband I said that! Haha. Glad to hear your trip is going well, and that everything is okay with Riley's injury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well, I support the motion for a vacation. :) I highly recommend Jekyll Island as the place to do it, too!

      Delete
  2. I love the look of that beautiful place, I am now following your other blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about Riley's hand! I'm glad he'll be okay. Love your photos of the beach though - so peaceful looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's absolutely beautiful! I love that soft wintry gray light and all the Spanish moss. It all just looks so beautifully calm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That beach is so beautiful! Glad Riley is stitched and better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that last picture. Glad Riley's better! Poor boat.. err... I mean guy. Also, I feel like I just saw an episode of Bones where a murder took place on a beach that looked almost exactly like driftwood beach. Must investigate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it was! I know there were at least a couple of movies filmed around here.

      Delete
  7. Love love love these images with the bikes, esp the last one.
    I'm jealous, I'd love to visit Jekyll Island.
    Also, I'm glad my brother is a tough boy! Otherwise I might have freaked a bit more when I read the accident post. Was it the same had that he had to have stitched before? That boy has more scars than anyone I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying that! :) I always worry that I'm not doing the scenery justice with my limited abilities! Put it on your list! You really need to visit sometime. Yeah, he really is a tough guy. Too much, sometimes, when it impairs his perception of how bad something really is! It was his clean hand, actually. :)

      Delete
  8. I love your pictures!! I'm glad Riley and his hand are okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no...sorry to hear about Riley's hand! But he's such a good sport about everything...how cool that he even blogged about his incident :)
    The driftwood beach is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...