Dec 27, 2013

are you sure you had the right girl?


Dear 2013,

As I think about how we spent our time together over the last twelve months, I really just have one question for you…

Are you sure you had the right girl???

You have to admit, nothing that has happened during this time has resembled anything remotely similar to the 27 years that came before you. You have easily been the strangest, and most exciting year of my life. Well, except for maybe the year 1985. Now that was a wild ride.

2013, you have tested me, stressed me out, pushed me out of my comfort zone, expanded my horizons, and flat out amazed me. Despite fear of failure, I opened a jewelry shop in January, and started a blog in March. It was good. Despite my fear of new things, dirt, and general uncomfortableness, I moved onto a sailboat in October and set off on a several month journey down the coast. It was also good. Mostly.


Now we find ourselves ending our time together on a better-than-I-ever-could-have-hoped-for note. I'm safe, happy, and warm somewhere in the Florida Keys. I have survived at least half of this crazy sailing adventure, no worse for the wear, and possibly even better for it. I have my beloved husband and pup by my side, both of whom I love and appreciate even more than ever before.

Like I said, I'm still not sure that you had the right girl when we started this whole adventure together 360-some days ago, but somehow, I think I became her somewhere along the way. So thanks 2013, for paving the way for an amazing year to come. I absolutely cannot wait to see what your successor has in store.


With fondest memories,
Allison



linking up with Amanda and Beka
The Lady Okie Blog

20 comments:

  1. Crazy how much things have changed! Definitely a crazy year.... although I have to agree about 1985. Wild ride indeed. ha! You crack me up. Here's to 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wild ride you had this year! Hope for much success and happiness in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What year of so many new beginnings!! Here's to even better 2014! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful letter! 2013 will always stand out to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always interesting to look back on things you have done and accomplished in the year. Sounds like you had a great one! Can't wait to see what is in store in 2014. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been quite an interesting one to look back on! Thank you, and Happy New Year to you as well! :)

      Delete
  6. What an amazing story! I can't believe you have been living on a sail boat! Love this letter for the year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, neither can I sometimes. Neither can I. ;)

      Delete
  7. What an awesome year you have had! I'm glad you have had some one of a kind, unique experiences. Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post, keep on blogging! Hope the new year will be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marieken! I hope it will be wonderful for you as well! :)

      Delete
  9. What an amazing adventure. A sailboat done the entire coast, I am extremely jealous. To think about this year and what next year could be, your adventure isn't even close to ending!

    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully said, and what a year for you! I've been so bad about keeping up with blogs this month, but good to hear you've made it to the keys and enjoying them. What a great spot for a holiday. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We grow with challenges, and I believe the greatest memories are created from experiences we were afraid of.
    I'm so happy for you and your adventure, and hope that it's everything you imagined!
    Here's to continued and new adventures in 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow - seems like you have had quite the interesting & exciting year!! living on a sailboat & going down the east coast is seriously super awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a year! I liked your little joke about 1985, too, haha. And I will definitely need to read more about this sailing trip - that sounds amazing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you have amazed and impressed yourself in 2013 and hopefully, more will come in 2014! Stay safe you buys and hope you have a great New Years! -Iva

    ReplyDelete
  15. So good! What a year you have had. :)

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You really did have an interesting 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...