Jan 13, 2014

bahia honda and the old bridge

that's our little boat anchored out between the palm tree and the other sailboat

After a rough and choppy sail out of Key West (a fitting good-bye, I suppose) we were relieved to finally anchor at Bahia Honda Key.

I think it's one of the prettier islands in the Keys, sort of what I had imagine that they all would look like before I knew better. It's home to one of Florida's state parks and looks like a great place for laying on the beach, picnicking, and camping. Riley's sister and brother in law met us there on their way out of Key West (a much faster trip by car…) and we wandered up to the old bridge that offers stunning views of the island. 

We were looking forward to spending a few days in Bahia Honda, but sadly, after a sleepless night of intense rocking, we decided to move on first thing in the morning. If you ever visit the Keys though, I highly recommend a stop at Bahia Honda!




linking this post up with Bonnie's Travel Tuesday!


11 comments:

  1. That last photograph of the bridge - it's almost haunting. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was the craziest thing to see. It felt sort of haunting in real life, too. I love abandoned things. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. These were the best views we've seen yet! I loved getting to see so much of the island from this viewpoint!

      Delete
  3. That last picture is amazing! Bridges always freak me out, but they really are works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! the old bridge is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that they had kept a part of it up so that we were able to walk out and really get a good look at it! It really gave me an appreciation for the old bridge to see it like that.

      Delete
  5. How pretty!! Love the photo of the bridge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's not really as pretty as the landscapes, but it was one of my favorite pictures, too. :)

      Delete
  6. You guys are seriously living the dream! What an amazing adventure (and I would give pretty much anything to be on a tropical island right in the midst of this unforgiving Midwestern winter :). Catch some sun for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've certainly caught enough sun to go around! :) But even here in the keys it's rays been few and far between!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...