Jan 14, 2014

finding sanctuary in east bahia honda


After another morning sail, we finally found calm waters on the west side of the seven mile bridge. What a difference! We anchored near a teeny tiny island with just enough land to take Gidget ashore, and then took it easy for the day. Peace and quiet is what we were looking for for the next few days, and in this little spot, peace and quiet is exactly what we got. The water was so calm and glassy I almost forgot that I was on a boat. Okay, not really. But if I was to awaken suddenly from a very deep sleep, I might have to think about it for a second or two.

Riley is usually the one that has to tender Gidget back and forth to shore (let me tell you, riding back and forth in a dinghy really gets old after awhile), but the scenery looked so interesting this time, I decided to go along. It didn't disappoint.

12 comments:

  1. Breathtaking pictures! Love following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found peace and quiet! Sometimes a little peace makes for a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting-looking island! I'm still in awe of all the cool stuff you get to see all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! That sunset picture is lovely.

    I'm glad you found some peace and quiet. Keep soaking it up!

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are gorgeous! My favorite so far, I think. Enjoy the calm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you found some nice calm and quiet waters. I love those oversized trees that find their way to the water. Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that terrible weather is over for you. I cannot even imagine. These pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous! I'm glad that you found calm waters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful photos! I love the one of the birds especially.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these photos Al. Esp the birds in the bare trees. What a gorgeous spot Bahia Honda was.....wish we could have stayed there a little longer! For that paradise I'd have camped out in the 4Runner if I'd have to just to enjoy another day there. Hope you got caught up on your sleep with the still waters. Kiss giggles for me!!! I miss her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm still disappointed that we didn't get to stay longer either! I will! :)

      Delete
  11. So so beautiful! Love following along on this journey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...