Jan 6, 2014

how riley fell in love with the gilmore girls


I haven't been very good about blogging consistently lately, mostly because, without exaggeration, the last week has been flat out miserable.  And I kind of figured that all of that misery would be even less fun to read about than it would be to write about.  So I'll try to sum it up as painlessly as possible:

Thank goodness for Gilmore Girls.

We found ourselves back at the mooring field, because another bout of high winds was in the forecast.  This time they came with rain, too.  Record amounts of rain.  We were stuck on the boat for another 48 hours straight.  Fortunately, we had been able to make a run to the grocery store beforehand, and had stumbled across a movie store holding a "going out of business sale."  That is how I convinced Riley that it was finally time to meet the Gilmore Girls.

I do have to wonder if Riley would have found the entire first season of Gilmore Girls quite so cute or funny under any other circumstances. But as it was, the quick-witted banter and general "feel-good-ness" of the show was just what we needed to keep our minds off of our current situation.  So of course, we finished the entire first season in under 48 hours.  And then we wished we had bought more.

Gale force winds and waves are on the horizon for tonight again, so much so that we really had no other option than to find a marina for the next few nights.  Fortunately, we were able to find one with an open slip, and all anyone can talk about is the coming weather.  We are so grateful for the protection that the marina should provide, and for the opportunity to actually be near Key West itself.  Especially since we have family coming in for their vacation this week, and we might not have been able to even get to them otherwise.

Hopefully, things should start looking up!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my, I miss the Gilmore Girls. I watched that show through every season. I might have to get my honey on board with a rewatch now that I'm thinking on it. How has life on the boat been?

    XO,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley just got AWESOME husband points! Gilmore Girls is the best-especially in the marathon form :) I started watching Parenthood because I deeply missed Loreli (Lauren Graham stars on the show) and now it's my new favorite! Hope the weather starts to look up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love Gilmore Girls!!! glad that ya'll made a good time out of a bad weather situation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh I love Gilmore Girls. I love that Riley enjoyed them to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gilmore Girls is my all-time FAVORITE show! That's awesome that Riley liked it too :) Hope things clear up for you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The post title had me smiling. Glad Gilmore Girls helped you weather the weather. I love watching Gilmore Girls, esp in one sitting...waiting per episode is overrated. I hope FL starts cooperating for you guys though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE gilmore girls! Peter has seen it because luckily his little sister loves it too :) He likes it for the most part and will occasionally watch it with me if we're just hanging out.

    I hope the weather gets it act together and this week is better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, good luck with the weather. I'm so glad you found something fun and entertaining to bide the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gilmore Girls is the best. My husband and I watched all 7 season this past summer. I tried to watch it by myself originally, because I thought he wouldn't like it. But he caught me watching it one night, sat down for an episode, and was instantly hooked! One of my favorite shows of all time, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love Gilmore Girls so much! And when I say we, I mean my daughter and I. She's only six but she knows what I'm watching as soon as the theme music pops up. She's all, "Yay, Gilmore Girls. What's Rory going to do today?"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Gilmore Girls! I'm glad to hear your husband enjoyed it too. It sounds like it was exactly what you needed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. well, bummer about the weather. been kind of crazy everywhere. glad you were able to weather it relatively unscathed in your small space.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...