Jan 31, 2014

top 5 moments of the year


Okay really, these are just my top five moments of January (obviously), but I'm feeling a little dramatic today.  We've had an amazing experience on this trip so far, but sometimes all of the memories start to run together, so it's kind of nice to take a look back at just the past month and remember all that we've experienced in just a short amount of time.


We had a rocky start to the new year, and a terrible first impression of Key West.  But after we gave into the weather and got ourselves a slip at a marina, our whole experience changed.  We had a blast visiting with Riley's sister and brother in law and getting a taste of what Key West really has to offer.


After we left Key West we were flat out exhausted.  Between the sleepless, rocky nights on the boat and then trying to fit in as much fun as possible, it took us days to recover!  Although Bahia Honda was beautiful, we enjoyed the peace and quiet and still waters near East Bahia Honda even more.  It was just what we needed!


We started noticing our engine troubles when we attempted to leave East Bahia Honda and eventually had to call for a tow boat.  After a very stressful 48 hours (and then some), we found ourselves back at Marathon.  We were able to regroup there and work on the engine, but the highlight for me was watching the manatees swim right by our boat one morning!


This past Monday marked the one hundredth day of our journey, and it felt like such a huge milestone! We celebrated by meeting up with my family in Miami Beach.  And by posing inside of a large "100" in the sand, of course.


Our trip to the Everglades this week started out rainy, but we had a good laugh at ourselves and finally waited out the weather long enough to see some alligators.  Now that I think about it, the anticipation probably made the experience even more exciting.  Even if the vultures were a little creepy.


Looking back, January definitely had it's rough patches, but we also made so many good memories and had so much to be thankful for.  I can't wait to see what February brings!


What were some of your favorite memories of your first month of 2014?




linking up with poekitten and Heather for the Monthly Review linkup and with DarciAprilChristina and Natasha for Five on Friday.

8 comments:

  1. it has been so much fun to follow along on your journey!!
    xx

    http://kristinnleighh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygosh you are making my January look so lame. ha! Is it weird to say that my favorite moments of 2014 were logging in here to read about your adventures?
    Don't answer that. I know that's weird and also quite lame.
    Fine. I suppose my favorite moment was (or one of them) was going to that chef thing and discovering that I actually do like brussels sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha nah, I don't believe you! But I'm flattered all the same! :)
      The chef thing did look like a lot of fun, and I have to admit that I was pretty excited when I discovered that I liked brussels sprouts, too!

      Delete
  3. I love manatees! They have the cutest faces and they are apparently very gentle creatures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures that you share are so awesome! Those are all great things in the month of January! My life is not that exciting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My January's are usually pretty dull haha, so it's a nice change. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, what an amazing start to the year. Now I need to go back and figure out what kind of adventure keeps you going for 100 days... Thanks for linking up with us at the Monthly Review Linkup. I hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...