Jan 28, 2014

welcome (back) to miami

can you see our 100 in the sand? this was a much more difficult task than one would think.

It hasn't been that long since we've been in Miami (here), but it already feels like a completely different place. We're spending some time here with my mom, sister, and aunt, and it's amazing what a fresh pair of eyes and a vehicle will do to your perception of a place. Yesterday we checked out the beach, which was previously too far of a walk from our anchorage to be of much interest to us. Most of the beaches that we had passed along the way down the coast were basically deserted since it was off season and too cold to enjoy them. Not South Beach. Not only was it a great time to put our neglected bathing suits to good use, but it was also a prime location for people watching. South Beach has a style all it's own. After a few hours on the beach and a delicious Cuban dinner we were feeling that the welcome back to Miami was a warm one indeed.

Have you been to Miami Beach?  Do you have any recommendations of things we should do, see, or eat while we're here?

11 comments:

  1. Oooohhh a car and family, I bet you are in heaven right now! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me so jealous! I want some sunshine! Joe's Crab Shack is always good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that warmth looks so nice right now!! Enjoy your family time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang girl, look at those tans! Never been to Miami Beach, but it looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just gonna say the same as Allie, you guys are so tanned! Jealous! You both look so relaxed and happy!
    Happy sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh you're so tan. I kind of hate you a little bit. Never been to Miami, but now I'm humming the old Will Smith tune. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a complete lie. I HAVE been to miami. We ported out of there on our cruise.

      Delete
    2. You'll probably feel a little better about it when I'm old, leathery and wrinkled. :) Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one that remembers that song. We had only previously been here before to board a cruise ship too. I had always wondered what we were missing out on in the city when we were in and out so quickly!

      Delete
  7. You are looking so tan! So jealous you are in some warm weather. You must be so glad to have a car even for a short time. I have heard South Beach is a crazy party area, hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, the beach looks amazing. I want to sunbathe!!! I haven't been to Miami, so I'm no help at all on the what-to-do-eat-watch-see front.

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually spent the entire time under an umbrella! I feel like I have to try to avoid the sun as much as possible, it's too easy to get too much now!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...