Jan 17, 2014

what do you really want to know?

photo courtesy of our friend James, waaaay back in north carolina

Sometimes I still have a hard time believing that I actually live on a sailboat.  This is my life?  How in the world did I even find myself here?  It's been good, bad, beautiful and ugly, and certainly an experience I'll never forget.  I have enjoyed sharing this experience with you, I'm sure you probably have no idea how much it really means to me that you are following along with us.  So I want to know, do you have any questions?  Sometimes I feel like I am sharing more of our life than probably anybody really wants to know, but surely it's possible that I just might have left something out!

Is there anything that you want to know about living on a sailboat?
About sailing in general?
Life in general?
How we planned the trip?
Maybe about spending nearly every hour of every day in close quarters with your husband?
Is there anything else you want to know about the places we have visited?

I'd love to answer any and all of your questions in a post, maybe even in vlog form…?  Maybe.

Again, I can't tell you how much your reading, your comments and your encouragement has meant to me.  You have been keeping me company on this isolated little boat when Riley and Gidget just weren't cutting it. :)

So, what do you really, really want to know?  Feel free to email me, or leave any questions in the comment section!





We Took the Road Less Traveled

11 comments:

  1. I'm just curious what a typical day looks like for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved reading along with your adventures! How has Gidget been on the trip, and what do you do with her when you go exploring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In hindsight, is there anything that you wish you would have packed because it would be handy to have on the boat? And on the reverse side, anything you packed that you haven't used and have been tempted to throw overboard? :)

    I love reading about the adventure! And I vote YES to a vlog!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting adventure, I am definitely going to be keeping my eye on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one! When you get off the boat do you still feel like you're floating on water? I hear this happens to people who have been on a cruise so I wonder if it's the same if you have been living on the boat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say yes to the Vlog! Curious as to how you are about getting internet. Are you getting it when you dock or is it through a wireless carrier. Are you having spots of no coverage? Any creature comforts you miss since being on the boat?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give us some potty talk! Ha ha! But really what's the bathroom situation like on the boat?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I honestly just can't even imagine life on a sail boat! So many things come to mind! What do you do all day? Don't you want to go stir crazy!?! Do you have a shower on the boat? If so, how do you manage bathroom and shower vists?! Have you ever feared of being stuck at sea or possibly capsizing? Do you and your husband run out of things to talk about? Where does your puppy go potty?! I could go on and on, but I think that's enough for now! I loved following your story! I think it's amazing that you can live so freely, carelessly, and with minimal things that some of us in this world can't live without. Simply a beautiful thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I suppose I'd ask you two questions if we were sitting at the table having a girls lunch out. :) I'd want to know WHAT made you decide to live on a sailboat for a year AND that's a lot of time together with not much time to yourself, do you find that difficult?

    Besides that, I'm not sure I could live on a sailboat but I love living vicariously through you! So, thank you for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Just discovered your blog. I can't believe you live on sailboat! That's crazy. You are so brave! I will definitely be coming back to read more. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like I have a million questions, but I'll stick to a few:
    -How did you prepare financially for taking off without incomes? Are you planning on going back to your respective jobs when you return?
    -How do you handle being unshowered for long periods of time?
    -How did you families handle this decision and being gone for the holidays?

    Thanks! I love reading about this. It is so intriguing and different from any other blog I read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...