Feb 3, 2014

cape florida lighthouse


On Friday, before my family left Miami Beach and headed back home, we took a little drive over to the Cape Florida lighthouse on Key Biscayne.  Riley and I had seen it when we anchored near by on our way to Miami Beach, and I had been curious about it ever since.  I had never seen a lighthouse up close before, at least, not that I can remember (and I do seem to have a terrible memory when it comes to these sorts of things).  It was just as fascinating as I thought it would be, and the views were well worth the dizzying, muscle-burning climb to the top.  After spending so much time on the water, I could appreciate seeing it from an entirely different perspective.

If we had had more time, I think we would have enjoyed hanging out on the beach for awhile, too.  It was nearly deserted… a far cry from South Beach!  But, it was time to say goodbye to the family and send them back on their way home.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I've never been inside a lighthouse before and this makes me curious to check one out. Is this lighthouse still actively used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lighthouse! I am going to see one of the Carolina lighthouses this summer, it's on my summer bucket list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lighthouses. There are so many in New Hampshire and Maine that we visit often. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about that first picture. Me and my fear of height would be terrified to climb that lighthouse :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it had me feeling a little lightheaded, and I don't usually have a problem with heights. Maybe I'm just out of shape. :) But there were definitely plenty of beautiful views from the ground, too!

      Delete
  5. Great pictures! I love lighthouses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lighthouse and views from it are beautiful. I have a fascination with lighthouses. :)

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I don't know what it is about them!

      Delete
  7. oh my goodness these photos are incredible! I am loving going back and reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks!

      I had so much fun taking pictures at the lighthouse, I think my poor family was always waiting on me!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...