Feb 19, 2014

exploring st. augustine


Well, it's safe to say that St. Augustine lived up to my expectations... and that's a tough thing to do!  In fact, I was just going to call this post "All the Reasons St. Augustine is Perfect," but I started thinking it might get a little long winded.  To make a long story short, St. Augustine has amazing weather, it's a very walkable city, it has such an interesting assortment of shops and restaurants, gorgeous architecture, and honestly, the best shower facilities from North Carolina to the Keys.  No joke.  In the past several months I have seen more than my fair share of public showers, ranging from downright dirty to "this looks like a utility closet" sketchy.  So, this was a pretty big deal.  Thanks St. Augustine.

We also had the good fortune of arriving in St. Augustine on President's Day, which meant that we could tour The Castillo de San Marcos, the oldest masonry fort in the continental US, for free.  It was a great way to get an introduction to the amazing history behind such a beautiful city.


St. Augustine has been good to us, and we'll be sorry to say goodbye!


11 comments:

  1. I took a trip there with the Conyers while Michael and I were still dating (for a football game, I think!) and I LOVED it! I enjoyed walking around town and seeing all the fun shops and beautiful architecture! Although, we went in the middle of winter and it was cold! I'm glad you're getting to make the most of the warm weather and clear skies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for free museums! Love the palm trees. [She says as she stares out at dead, brown, leafless trees.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say! I am obsessed with your blog and everything about it!
    I think the way you guys had a dream to sail and followed it, is so encouraging
    to everyone! Life is too short and sometimes you just have to jump in and do what you
    want !!!!! and i love seeing all the fun places you go and your stories about the open sea.

    simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much for the sweet words!! It certainly has been an amazing experience, and worth the risk. I highly recommend chasing your dreams and making them happen! :)

      Delete
  4. I can imagine shower facilities being a very big deal when you have been at sea that long. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful! I'll have to add it to my list of places to go :) Hope you're soaking up all its fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even think about showers and facilities, isn't it crazy how things like that can make you so grateful? You all are completely making the most of your adventure, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is... I totally took showers for granted before, haha. They are going to feel like such a luxury when we get back! For awhile, anyway. :)

      Delete
  7. Yay! I'm glad you got the chance to stop on your trip back North, and I'm even more glad it you enjoyed it!!! And, nice showers - cherry on the top =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so beautiful! AND good grief you are such a champ for taking on public showers. Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it has definitely helped me overcome my germophobia! A little bit, anyway. :)

      It really is such a pretty city! I don't feel like I took nearly enough photos while we were there!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...